Anyone want my morning?? Or, my dog??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by morningsonshine, Dec 21, 2006.

1. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

I woke up this morning to find my kitchen, and entryway covered in a million, ity bity, pieces of foam.

Our weird spring spaniel we own, decided to shred her bed last night!!

It's every where!!!!!

On top of that i was knitting a new project and dropped my needle down in the couch, and the beast won't give it back!!

So i have a mess to clean up, and a project i can't work on!!!

Goooood Morrrning!!!
    [This Message was Edited on 12/22/2006]
  2. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Thats not a very good start to the day for you.
    Sorry to hear,but its a good job you love your spaniel,
    give it a GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR from me,
    Best wishes,Paul.
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

have read too much Oscar Wilde.

"Each man kills the thing he loves."

We got 3 dogs (shit-tzus) from a rescue society. Gave each one a pillow. They ripped them to shreds.

Ditto a sleeping bag, blankets, towels, etc.

We are currently experimenting w/ carpet samples. They've only had them three days. We will see what happens.
  4. morningsonshine

Very appropriate quack, oops i mean quote!!LOL

I believe i did sweep up some riped up soggy pages, along with that foam!

Now if you can find a quote for why the couch ate my knitting needle, you will be my hero!!

Three Shit-tzus chewing things up! You are a brave man, and how dose huckle like that??
  5. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Rey hasn't ever chewed up his bedding, probably because he loves to sleep. He will however drag his blanket out of the bedroom and bring it to the living room and put it in your lap.

I was carving in the living room at a table we put there just for that purpose. Instead of brushing wood chips off on the floor I was collecting them in a plastic grocery sack.

When I came home from work I had a very unhappy husband and two very happy dogs! Every good thing comes in plastic bags and if it isn't edible it must be made to play with!

I can just imagine them play fighting and throwing wood chips from one end of the house to the other. DH brought in his shop vac to clean up so now I don't need to vacuum.

He just didn't seem to see the humor in it! I thought it was hysterical!!

Stop and smell (and clean up after) the puppies!
  6. ksp56

ksp56 Member

We have our hands filled with a springer spaniel, we recently adopted! Gracie loves to counter 'surf'... She will get anything off the kitchen counters she can!

You might as surrender your other knitting needle too! Spingers certainly have their own 'agenda'! LOL

Have a wonderful holiday!

7. morningsonshine

I like your story, woodchip! I think i sympathize with your husband with that one.

Our springer isn't a puppy she's a senior. She's has been my husbands grouse hunting dog, and always outside, but due to age, we brought her in, starting last winter.

She has a very strange personality. And she very much enjoys being in the house, and has to be forced to go out to do her busness, and will run you over in the door way coming in if you don't watch out!!

Ksp56, LOL, the couch swallowed the knitting needle not the dog!! Ours is smaller than the average size, and more interested in the garbage, and cat food than counter tops.
  8. morningsonshine

I have my own crazy kitty fight!! He throws himself against the bedroom door when he wants me to get up and feed him.
    To bad about the X-mas cards!:0)

GeorgiaC, i say your post!! LOL
    Ursala was just trying to knit you something using all those chairs to weave with! My hubsand finally helped me dig the needle out, so i'm back to knitting!

I got most of the foam picked up with the help of my son, but there still afew pieces floating around![This Message was Edited on 12/22/2006]
  9. morningsonshine

Willow your kitty that likes to dunk it's paws in thing is too funny, how about the toilet, do you have to keep the lids closed??

We do around here. Our Ziggy kitty is facinated with water and sits in the bathtub and wait for you to turn the water so it drips out.

When his water dish is empty, he rolls around on the floor with it. He also sits in a chair by the fridge and swatts at anything your trying to put away.

Georgia, Georgia has an attitude!! She just wants to make sure she's getting enough love, and that she's the boss!!
    Is she playing when she bites?? Probably not if she's hissing too! Cantankorus little girl, i bet she bosses Ursala!

10. morningsonshine

The only thing left from her bed is the foam ring, she took of the cover, and chewed up the bottom.

This morning there she was laying inside that just that foam ring!!

I was going to throw it out along with the rest, i don't know why i didn't. I suppose i'm lucky it's not chewed up this morning too.
  11. kriket

kriket New Member

I have 7 dogs. Four of them are inside dogs and they can make a mess sometimes. You wanna just kill em, but you just can't with their cute little eyes looking at you, like oh no, I did not do it!!!