Anyone want to talk about OI,POTS ETC.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TiredbutWired, Sep 1, 2002.

1. TiredbutWired

TiredbutWired New Member

Hello fellow sufferers;This thing is driving me crazy,I thought it was bad before and now I keep thinking if I could just stand up long enough to do........anything!!!My chest hurts and feels like it goes right through to my lungs.The pressure in my lung area is constant,it does not let up.Rib cage tight,can only stand still for maybe a minute without feeling like I am going down.Still do not know why I fainted since my new primary did not care and told me to stop taking everything including my beta-blocker.Now I have to find a doctor to test me further for Lyme disease.I do not know if I should hope for it or not?Do doctors beleive that it exsist?Okay I am done,Happy talk.Even though I feel like I have arthritis today went to go see my animals they are not at my house.They were so happy to see me,they all talked to me and expressed their concern and my kangaroo Jasper kept hugging and licking me.So I am very grateful that I got to see them,have only been out of the house pretty much to go to doctor appointments and on the porch once in a while.Thanks for listening it feels good to just let it out sometimes!Love,Tracey
  2. TiredbutWired

TiredbutWired New Member

Hello fellow sufferers;This thing is driving me crazy,I thought it was bad before and now I keep thinking if I could just stand up long enough to do........anything!!!My chest hurts and feels like it goes right through to my lungs.The pressure in my lung area is constant,it does not let up.Rib cage tight,can only stand still for maybe a minute without feeling like I am going down.Still do not know why I fainted since my new primary did not care and told me to stop taking everything including my beta-blocker.Now I have to find a doctor to test me further for Lyme disease.I do not know if I should hope for it or not?Do doctors beleive that it exsist?Okay I am done,Happy talk.Even though I feel like I have arthritis today went to go see my animals they are not at my house.They were so happy to see me,they all talked to me and expressed their concern and my kangaroo Jasper kept hugging and licking me.So I am very grateful that I got to see them,have only been out of the house pretty much to go to doctor appointments and on the porch once in a while.Thanks for listening it feels good to just let it out sometimes!Love,Tracey
  3. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

not just the xray. I get steriod shots for many areas and it took several times till it really helped for several weeks at a time. No all but, really helped. I also started warm water hydrotheropy and chiro again and it is easing up a bit more. But,then there are days. Boy, do I feel stupid what are POTS and OI?

I don't faint but, I get real dizzy and short of breath and the tightness and pain ow!

Kim
  4. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

What the "heck" is it with our chests, anyway????? Mine "binds" up quickly, then the breathing gets shallow, then a host of other problems from probably low oxygen levels.

I stretch myself over the physioball, just drape the body over the ball and relax. In every position--face down, face up, right side, left side. Boy, does that ever help!!! I love that physioball.

Also during the summer one of my physical therapists took Fridays off and that is the day I go---very difficult to go another day as I work three days a week. Anyway, the two-man stretches could not be done and one of these stretches does an enormous job on my chest. Yes, I noticed a BIG difference not having these done. So much so that on MY "vacation" days from work I went to PT to have both the guys perform the two man stretches again.

Before I started PT, I can remember going to bed and being afraid I would die during the night. All my muscles were exhausted beyond belief. I would lie there and be aware of what was going on and feel so afraid/sorry for the chest muscles----no rest for them. Would they continue to work? How could they continue to work?????? So exhausted. It was terrible!!!!

Tracey, have you been tested for allergies? How did you feel after your visit with your four-legged friends?

Fondly,
    June