Anyone watch "Dancing with the Stars"?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kjade, Oct 23, 2007.

1. kjade

kjade New Member

Just wondering - if so, who is your favorite?
    And did you see poor Marie Osmond faint on live TV last night? I was horrified for her - I just love her - I think she is such a doll! Not the best dancer there, but the best showman(woman). I watched Donny & Marie as a kid.

And how beautiful does Jane Seymour look? I can only pray I will look that good in 10 years, let alone 20 when I am her age.
  2. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Well, I am not much of a reality show fan, but I just love Dancing w/the Stars. It is so much fun to watch. My neighbor got to sit in the audience for the live elimination show last week, she said it was a blast!

My kids really like it, but it is usually on at their bedtime, so I watch it by myself. (Since my husband said he would rather poke himself in the eye than watch it-Lol!!) Maybe I will have to invite my neighbor over to watch it with me.

I think probably Marie will be eliminated tonight, but yes, she is such a doll! Jane Seymour just looks amazing! There are some really good dancers. I just started watching this new season last night, but now I am going to keep up with it.

Have fun watching the elimination, and have a good night. Kim :)
  3. budmickl

budmickl New Member

When I started watching this season, I thought Jane Seymour would be my favorite. She is so graceful and beautiful. But I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Cheeta girl and the Spice girl.

Marie Osmond is such a treat to watch. No, she isn't the best dancer but she is certainly one of the most genuine people.

No one can top season's winner though. I can't believe I don't remember his name. I feel infatuated with him during the Olympics. Anton Ono Applolo.... What a cutie!!!

4. boltchik

boltchik New Member

I agree with you about Apollo, his energy and skill was thrilling to watch! (And he is nice to look at!) I thought Joey was fantastic also, they both had such showmanship. I really enjoyed the last few shows, they just got better and better. Kim :)
  5. kriket

kriket New Member

My fiance and I were both watching when Marie fainted. We thought it was a joke at first, until they went to commercial break really quick. I heard a thud and there she lay. I thought she looked kind of exhausted and overwhelmed a bit, but she just keeps on smilin, she is such a pretty lady and has a beautiful personality.

6. kjade

kjade New Member

Hey Kim-
    So you have to watch alone too? My hubby will watch maybe 5 minutes, then he is fast asleep. I have no one to talk to while it’s on – too bad we can’t get together to watch and argue! LOL!
    Twinofdar and budmickl: Yes I love cheetah (Sabrina) and Mel too. I like Mel’s personality and attitude, but I think Cheetah is the better dancer. But Mel’s partner (Max) isjust sooooooo hot, hot, hot!!! I liked Apollo last year too, although Joey was my favorite. Now this is bothering me! What WAS his name? Apollo Ohno or something?
    Kriket: I thought she was joking too at first – so did the audience – they were laughing for a quick second. Did you see the show last night? They just kept replaying the whole thing over & over! I agree with you – she is so pretty. She has the kind of laugh that makes me laugh. And I have always thought she has the most beautiful smile. I think last night her smiles were not real – she seemed terriby upset about the whole thing. I know she has some problems. I think the whole thing was more than just being winded or her allergies. I feel bad for her. I hope she gets better and comes back next week, like a bull. (which is what she said she would do next week).
    I agree that the seasons just keep getting better and better. It’s so hard to say who may be next to go?

All I have to say is, the professional women on the show make me sick! They have the most beautiful bodies I have ever seen in my life!! I only wish I could dance like that - then maybe I'd have their bodies. *sigh*

Forgot to mention Jenny - I'm really rooting for her. We have a lot in common - she's my age and I have 3 kids also. I think she is such a sweetheart! Plus I was a BIG 90210 fan in the 90's.

[This Message was Edited on 10/24/2007]
  7. My favorites are the Cheetah Girl, she is FANTASTIC and the racecar driver and his dancer. WOW!

I was hoping the billionaire would leave as he wasn't near as good as the others. I think the gal Scarey spice is a good dancer, but I don't like her personality for some reason.

My husband also watches a few min and goes to bed. lol! For some reason I am addicted to that show.
  8. sisland

sisland New Member

Have some really great Dancers this time too! Cameron and Ettita (sp),,,,,They'er doing a Fab Job! but so are all the other ones.,,,,,

and Poor Marie! She's doing really good for a gal in her forties! Love her personality and her smile! ,,,,,,She has 8 childern and is going through a Divorce i heard!,,,,,,,,Gossip! lolol!,,,,,,maybe thats why she fainted!,,,,still have to admire her for giving it her all!

Jayne Seymour is Great too! The DJ in our little town say's She's a " Hot pocket" along with all the rest of the Gals!

Mel&Max are really good too! and so are Sabrina and Mark,,,,,,Hard to tell who might win!,,,I Think alot of the voting has to do with the stars fan base too,,,,,,Fun to watch!
    [This Message was Edited on 10/24/2007]
  9. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Yeah, too bad we can't all have a "dancing w/the stars party night" w/snacks and chat about the show!

Last night was fun to watch. My fav last night was Mel and Max, and Max is one hottie!! Their dance really flowed, and you can tell as a professional, he is not just in it for the choreography but the emotion of the performance as well.

It would be fun to have a thread about it every week. Talk to you all soon! Kim :)
  10. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

our daughter was visiting us in '05 and asked if she could watch it. Of course, we said OK - had no idea what it was. Well, we both got hooked!

I think Jane is the most beautiful dancer - her movements are so fluid, smooth and graceful. I think she will be eliminated but i do enjoy watching her.

And Marie, her smile is gorgeous! She was really surprising to us as a dancer. Doesn't do badly. I felt so sorry for her when she fainted - that is one of those things that when you do it, you look around to see who saw you. like when you fall down. Then to realize that you were on LIVE TV!!!!!! She handled it beautifully.

I change my favorite every week! I do watch t5o see Edy's(sp) outfit each week to see what she doesn't wear!LOL. They surely have to use a lot of tape on her outfits! Some of them are rather unflattering to her.

I do look forward to Mon. and Tues. evenings though!

Have fun.