Anyone watch Judging Amy last night

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dara, Sep 4, 2002.

1. Dara

Dara New Member

it included a group of older women forming a "walking" club. Fibromyalgia was mentioned from one of the women and later in the show the group was referred to as a bunch of hypochandriacs. This really burns me, no wonder people who don't know anything about it term us as hypochondriacs. Just had to get this out of my system. It's one of my favorite TV shows and now I feel like boycotting it. There, I feel better already just getting that off my chest.

Dara
  2. Dara

Dara New Member

it included a group of older women forming a "walking" club. Fibromyalgia was mentioned from one of the women and later in the show the group was referred to as a bunch of hypochandriacs. This really burns me, no wonder people who don't know anything about it term us as hypochondriacs. Just had to get this out of my system. It's one of my favorite TV shows and now I feel like boycotting it. There, I feel better already just getting that off my chest.

Dara
  3. dojomo

dojomo New Member

......do a search and see...this is the second run (re-run) everyone wrote to CBS after it's initial airing.....they didn't get away with it as far as this group is concerned....DJ
  4. dojomo

dojomo New Member

.......Do we share the same mind?..DJ
  5. JannyW

JannyW New Member

... and frankly I don't see why everyone got so upset about it. The character DID NOT state that persons with fibromyalgia are hypochondriacs. This is the 2nd time I've seen this show and I haven't been offended either time ... it's FICTION!!!

Jan ^v^
    [This Message was Edited on 09/04/2002]
  6. kadywill

kadywill New Member

we have earned the right to feel sensitive about this subject. Many of us have suffered from extreme prejudice and this only pushes us back a few more steps. Forgive us but this bothers me, too.
  7. Dara

Dara New Member

The way I heard it was she did not want to be a part of a group of a bunch of hypochondriacs, and one of the women in the part was talking about her Fibromyalgia. Perhaps you perceived it differently than I did, but I for one am sick and tired of people implying that Fibromyalgia is not real and that we who suffer from this invisible syndrome are hypochondriacs.

Dara
  8. JannyW

JannyW New Member

9. JannyW

JannyW New Member

10. JannyW

JannyW New Member

and with CFIDS in 1990. I've probably had just as many fingers pointed and rude, unfeeling comments tossed my way. Guess I just choose to consider the source & ignore them.

Jan ^v^