Anyone watch the Grammys?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by zenouchy, Feb 12, 2007.

1. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

I missed most of it but saw about the last 40 minutes of it. What were your favorite performances? Who are your fave artists?

I'm all over the board music-wise. For the artists performing at the Grammys or artists who were up for one, I like anyone from the Blackeyed Peas (but not their song that just won a Grammy "My Humps"- ick) and Gnarls Barkley to Carrie Underwood, KT Tunstall, James Blunt, John Legend, the Red Hot Chili Peppers and many artists in the dance category like Oakenfold and the Pet Shop Boys. Ok, I could go on and on--this is just the artists up for Grammys....I LOVE MUSIC!

Who are your faves? Any other music addicts out there?
  2. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

I hear what you're saying about the Dixie Chicks--they're indeed very vocal politically but quite talented musically. Looks like it didn't alienate them one bit though did it?

What a great pic of your grandson! I hope you have a happy, peaceful day.

3. sisland

sisland New Member

I just saw the part where the Dixie Chics got their award! was channel surfing!,,,,,,,,,,I Noticed how the Tall Gal did most of the Talking and Natiley(sp) (is that Her Name) ,,,,,,,,,,,,Forgot,,,, But she just hung in the background and at the end said "Thanks But i'm all out of Jokes!" ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I Guess She figured that a political opinion wasn't a good idea last night!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Must admit i Really do like their Music the Harmony is Fantastic! and they Play so Many instruments!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,One of my all time Favorites is John Mayer ,,,and Allison Krause Has a Beautiful voice,, I Love music toooo!........S
    [This Message was Edited on 02/12/2007]
  4. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Hi there! I saw the Dixie Chicks get their award and come to think of it, you're right! It did look like the dark-haired gal (I don't follow them to much, so I don't know her name either) was getting tongue-tied, as if she wanted to say something controversial perhaps but then restrained herself. Good call!

Did you see Al Gore and Queen Latifah present the award for best rock album? It made me laugh to see Al Gore out there....he's always kind of stiff, so to see him at the Grammy's gave me a chuckle!

Thanks for responding a take care! :)
  5. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I'm not a big contemporary pop fan, but my wife and I did watch the Grammys last night (the whole thing) and we found ourselves enjoying the show.

It was neat to see The Police perform live again. I thought Shakira's "Hips Don't Lie" performance was great, as were Mary J Blige's and John Mayer's. I also liked Carrie Underwood's tributes to Don Wills and the Eagles.

6. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Darn! Sounds like I misses some wonderful performances, especially Carrie Underwood's and The Police. I grew up listening to The Police---what songs did they play?
  7. kholmes

kholmes New Member

The Police played a mellow version of "Roxanne" right at the beginning of the show.

There were a lot of really good performances, come to think of it. I'll bet they'll be on YouTube or somewhere else online pretty soon.

8. sisland

sisland New Member

Didn't See Al Gore or Queen Latipha : I Did Hear a Great Joke about Al Gore though!" What Happened to Al Gore on one of His Globel Warming Trecks to the Artic?",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,," He Froze to Death!" Courtesy of Jay Leno! ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lollol I thought that was funny!,,,,,,Have a Great Day!,,,,,,S

9. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

KH, I always forget about UTube until a friend sends me a great joke from there; thanks for reminding me--indeed, they probably will have some of the Grammy highlights there.

Did you see Justin Timberlake's performance towards the end? I missed the very beginning of it, but he picked a pretty African American woman from the audience to sing with was a "My Grammy Moment" or something. Do you know how that worked, or ie how they decided to pick one woman over another? The reason I asked is b/c that woman was an AWESOME singer! Obviously, the women that they narrowed it down to had a lot of singing chops already. She looked like an old pro up there.

Sis, I loved your joke! Leno is hysterical, isn't he?

Huck, it looks like you changed your pic. Your grandson has been replaced by a cute doggie. :)

Take care everyone, Erika