anyone watching American Idol

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by karenweil, Feb 27, 2008.

1. karenweil

karenweil New Member

I watched the boys last night and they were great. I love the young one that went last and the one with the dread locks. Can't remember thier names.
    I wonder if the girls will do better tonight compared to last week.

Whose your favorite?
  2. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

Hi Karen. I posted a thread like this last week, same name even! I was so blown away by little David Archuletta, I just had to see if anyone else here felt the same. He was the one who went last last night. I also like Jason Castro (dreadlocks) and the Aussie guy (Michael Johns I think???)but they didn't do as quite as well this week as last. I don't think they will get voted off though. They were still two of the better ones.

Different ones stood out this week.

But David A. is my favorite. His singing is incredible, and his personality....I just want to fly down there, kidnap him and bring him home. He's like a cute little human anti-depressant. So genuinely happy, humble, and appreciative of the praise. I was a little worried when I heard Lennon's Imagine, knowing how Simon gets when anyone attempts to do something by a musical superstar. But he did it so perfectly and with such feeling! Then his excuse for choosing the verse he did - perfect answer!

[This Message was Edited on 02/27/2008]
  3. karenweil

karenweil New Member

I just read your profile. We have the just about the same taste in TV shows. I love survivor. I have watched every single show since it started. Are you watching it this year?
  4. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

My life revolves around Lost! I couldn't go without watching an episode if my life depended on it!

We have an ongoing Lost thread. You MUST come join us! I put a new thread up each Thursday for each new episode. Just look for "~~LOST (TV) week _ ~~ THE TORCH LIGHT IS LIT"

The week 4 thread is still on page one, and a new one will go up Thursday.

Come join us... the confused, the perplexed, the obsessed fans, as we attempt to unravel the mysteries. We have a lot of very insightful posters, and we all have a lot of fun too!

5. karenweil

karenweil New Member

i have never seen an episose of Lost. Maybe i will rent the past episodes
  6. bevy2most

bevy2most New Member

got us into watching "reality tv" last season it was Dancing with the Stars, and now Idol....I had never watched it before. The auditions were hysterical.

I love David A he is my fav so far. I haven't heard the women sing yet, I think that I missed an episode.

7. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

Thats funny! I read in your post "I love Survivor" but my mind registered Lost (I guess since it's a show about survivors.)

This is probably on the Top Ten List of "signs you are addicted to Lost" somewhere.
    Go rent season 1. I guarantee you will be hooked in the first 10 minutes!
    Yes, I am watching Survivor too. This has been an interesting season so far. I really don't like that big Hulky guy, but he makes things interesting.

Now, back to Idol.

I am looking forward to tonight, to see how the girls do, but I admit I am rooting for David A.

There are 3 David's, and they are all good. Could this be the year of the Davids? That would be hilarious.

I haven't picked a favorite girl yet.

Bevy, the girls are on tonight, same time.
  8. kjade

kjade New Member

I just finished watching the girls, and I was not very impressed, really. There are a couple I like (Carly and the little tiny thing - can never remember her name) but the one that does the Britney impersonations is also growing on me too.

I think this year is all about the GUYS! IMO....David is such a doll, and I still love Michael and the guy with the dreds! So we shall see....I read in one of my "rags" that the blonde rocker guy with the long hair actually dated Britney Spears (he supposedly went on tour with her or something).

Anyway, Karen & 4everkid....if you guys watch Survivor, can we start a thread about it each week? This has always been one of my favorite shows...actually my DREAM has been to try out for this show, but even if I did get picked, I know I wouldn't last one day (with FM and all, I would probably BEG to go home!). But I would like to chat about the show since no one really watches it that I know anymore, and dh always falls asleep! ~SIGH~
  9. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

I watched David Archuletta on youtube last night singing Imagine. Blew me away. Paula was crying!! He is AWESOME!
  10. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

You know that long haired blond rocker with the bandanna...the one Simon keeps saying doesn't seem like a legit rocker? Well, I found this scoop today on

(copied and pasted)
    ...former boy-bander (and Britney Spears' ex-flame) Robbie Carrico has been called out for... wait for it... wearing a wig! We wondered why his hair looked so "off," and now it all makes sense. (And it looks like he and Brit still have a lot in common!) According to TMZ, Idol producers are "flipping out" because "Robbie never talks about his matted-down piece and that makes production members feel like it's the blond elephant in the room." Sometimes, guys, less is more. (end of article)

There is a picture of him sans bandanna on the article. And sure enough, the hair is very fake looking. I also saw a video of him yesterday with his boy/girl band several years back. He looked good with short hair in it. And he sounded good as a pop singer. So why the facade? Did he think he would have a better chance as a rocker? Did he expect there to be so many rock singers this time around?

I can't wait now to see, (if he stays)if he suddenly shows up one day with a new "haircut".

Now that this info is public though, I imagine the young voters will brand him a poser and boot him out. Kids don't like posers.

So I wonder now, do the judges know about this wig, or is Simon just THAT good of a judge of character?

Still can't pick a fav girl. None of them jump out to me like David A. I like Carly, and tiny little Ramiele, but I am still sticking with David. (Saw a video of him too, when he was on Star Search. He was very young, and incredibly soulful, even back then.

Kjade, Yes! Put up a Survivor thread! I will definitely join you there.
  11. kjade

kjade New Member

I just heard that today about Carrico! I was shocked! I never noticed anything strange about his hair ~ it looked real to me; kind of grungy and greasy looking!

Perhaps Simon DOES know about the fake hair, and that's why he keeps making the remarks about him not being real! Hmmmmm.......
    My guess is that the Frank Sinatra guy and the guy that sings in the Acapela(sp) group are going tonight...and for the girls, I think, well, actually I can't even remember which ones are left because they are that boring! Why can't I remember any of them? I never get good with the names until the Final 12 (or is it 10?)

Well, tonight I have to DVR both shows since they are ON AT THE SAME TIME! WHY do they do that? I hate when they are on at the same time! Don't these TV stations know I have other things I need to do? I'm usually up until midnight trying to watch them! (at least I can fast-forward commercials!)

I will start a Survivor thread, although we might only be talking to eachother, since the show seems to be losing viewers. Oh didn't Karen say she liked it? Anyway, we'll have to see what happens tonight! I am still grumbling about Yau Man getting the boot last week!
  12. Gingareeree

Gingareeree New Member

this season, this past week, not too jazzed about anyone so far....