Anyone Watching "Game of Thrones?"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mikie, May 23, 2011.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It's a series on HBO. It's developed from the book. I'm finding it the most fascinating series. I had to download and print a synopsis of the plot and the families involved just so I could keep up. The info online said the series would be difficult to follow if one had not read the book. So far, so good.

It's like a fable set in Medieval England with different kingdoms. It's very graphic and violent but still a good story. My SIL is related to the director of the first two episodes. He is an excellent director. He directed some of the episodes in "The Pacific" and some "Supranos" shows. If anyone has HBO but not watching, you can catch up on HBO On Demand. Otherwise, it will probably be on one of the cable networks with the nudity, and some of the violence, removed. Some of the language will be bleeped too.

I watched a prelude to the series and they interviewed directors, screenwriters, costumers and scenic designers. The amount of work going into the scenery is amazing. If anyone liked the "Lord of the Rings," this is probably something you would like even though it's not as fantastic and more reality like. Yes, I'm a closet nerd but not a Trekkie nor a Star Wars fan.

Love, Mikie