ANYONE: What Do You Take to Boost Your Energy ??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BLUEROSE7, Aug 4, 2005.

1. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

I have FMS and CFS...I know that im not going to have the best energy levels but...

Here lately I just seem to have No Energy at all...(has been worse lately)!!

Could you Please share what vitamins, minerals, medication anything, they may be helping your energy level???

Thanks..Any info greatly apperciated!!

Hugs
    Bluerose
  2. JulieO

JulieO New Member

B12 and iron injections. Also, I go to a Fibro Center and get IVS, which you can an add-in for energy. They really seem to help. The ingredients escape me right now (?!?). I'll post later when it comes to me. I'm not thinking very clearly today, for some reason.
  3. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

I have been taking B12 injections for..I guess its been 4 or 5 months now...I just dont see a big energy boost. Even though I can tell when its time for my injection of B12...it just has not been a Huge Energy boost. My B12 was really low...is why the doc has me taking them monthly.

I may need to check into the Iron though...Will be writing any suggestions down...

IVS...not sure what that is...thanks if you can post it later.

Thank you...More Relpys Welcome...Please
    Hugs
    Bluerose

P.S. Stormyskye...thanks will check out the post!![This Message was Edited on 08/04/2005]
  4. dancingstar

dancingstar New Member

...about two weeks after I cut gluten out of my diet entirely. The only pharmaceutical left in my regimen is Armour thyroid, which I now feel the effects of. It does help to give me more energy. Drugs really stole the life from my body, but it took several years before I realized that there was a connection between what I was taking and how I was feeling because the drugs were prescribed for back pain and mild fatigue, and I simply didn't realize what was happening to me until I was too tired to get out of bed.

I found the gluten connection out of desperation, by reading on the internet, when I was just sick of being sick and tired, and I decided to give it a try about six or seven weeks ago. Sure enough, it's worked. I hope this works for someone else as well. I'm as good as new. Lately, I've even pushed my body a little harder, two exercise classes a day, one in the morning and one in the evening in addition to working...and I'm still holding up just fine. Who'd believe it? Oh, yeah, and I'm kind of happy again for no real reason...well, feeling good does count, I guess, huh? It might be worth checking out to see if you have a wheat or gluten sensitivity. I was not tested by my doctor. I just quit eating products with gluten in them, and after a short amount of time began to feel better.
  5. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

I have CFS and I find that CoQ10 helps with energy. The Sublingual helps get me going in the morning.
  6. tansy

tansy New Member

I used to need 300mg a day, now do just as well on 100mg.

I think we have to be very carefully about choices of meds or alternatives to increase energy, far better IMHO to try and find why our energy reserves run so low. My energy levels have been better for months now and it feels more like normal energy; I’m still feeling pretty amazed cos it’s so many years since I last experienced this kind of energy.

Gluten turned out to be pretty toxic for me too. After a few years I thought I would try it again, it caused lots of global symptoms and affected my mood so I immediately recognised dancingstar’s comment about feeling happy again.

Tansy

[This Message was Edited on 08/04/2005]
  7. dancingstar

dancingstar New Member

...believe it or not, of a gluten sensitivity. I started having all of these crazy symptoms. Thyroid problems, anemia...it's the middle of the night, and I was up doing some stuff -- can you believe that? -- anyway, I can't think of my entire list of symtoms right now that led me to the gluten conclusion, but I did an internet search and found Celiac's under "most missed diagnoses" quite by accident; so I thought I'd give up gluten just to see if it could possibly help, not cause I believed it would really work. There are so many bodily systems that are affected, though, by a gluten intolerance that it is truly amazing. If it does work for you, when you feel better, you really feel better.

I do take CoQ10, 100 mg, but I didn't know that it gave me energy. Maybe it does.
  8. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

for your reply's!!

Hugs
    Bluerose
  9. poodlemommy

poodlemommy New Member

I tried 2 things that worked. I went on bio identical hormone creams. Progesterone, testosterone and DHEA. It has boosted my energy to better than before I was sick. I feel 20 years younger. Testosterone is really good and giving energy. I have it monitored by blood tests so Im at safe levels. The 2nd thing is I bought a tredmill. Not only have I lost weight and look great again but its given me energy. I felt like an 80 year old woman a year ago and looked it . Now I feel 35 and look it. Im 50 and people cant believe it. My pain levels are way better too. I really attribute the hormones to playing a big part. I also had to make some life choices like stopping work and ending my marriage to reduce the stress. Not easy choices but I needed to save my health and my life. I also had cancer 2 years ago so I know what stress can do to the body. Now I feel like a new person. didnt think it was possible. Hope this helps
    poodlemum
  10. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Magnesium and malic acid, or magnesium malate, l-carnitine or acetyl-l-carnitine (3,000 mg. a day), Armour thyroid, NADH (20 mg. a day which was very expensive), NAD by Now brand, a form of NADH which costs about 1/5 of the NADH, adrenal glandular product when my adrenals were weak, B complex vitamins and extra pantothenic acid for weak adrenals

All of these at different times only helped me temporarily, unfortunately, but it was nice while it lasted.
  11. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

Im going to print this off....going to take a trip to the health food store and stock up!!

In desperate need of Some Energy...

Thanks
    Hugs
    Bluerose
  12. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

I quite agree with Tansy that we need to find out why our energy reserves run so low. But it takes energy, mental as well as physical, to do this. Anything that can give us a temporary boost in energy helps us on our way to finding long-term solutions.
  13. ladude

ladude New Member

2000-3000mg daily on empty stomach along with b6. Can take with juice also I believe. Wait an hour before eating.

Helps wiht brain fog as well.

Glutamine helps some, I know it is good for me so I take it but don't notice it like the A L-Carnitine. Lysine also helps it work better. Not sure if they can or should be taken together. Also make sure your bod has plenty of C on hand as well, it helps.

LADude
  14. phoebe1

phoebe1 New Member

Cell Food (from Nu-Science) and Chronic Fatigue Boost (from Bio-Harmony).
    Most days I feel like a normal person energy wise.

Good luck
    Phoebe
  15. NifferA

NifferA New Member

My doctor (Patricia Salvato in Houston, TX) recommended that I take ATP-20 from Douglas Labratories twice daily, and this has helped my fatigue more than anything else I have tried. You can search for it and order over the internet since it is a supplement and non-perscription.
  16. HAPPYDOGSUZ7777

HAPPYDOGSUZ7777 New Member

Aloha
    Yerbamate for energy and I've been trying lglutamine and creatine before exercising.
  17. phoebe1

phoebe1 New Member

I love your name :)
    Most of the time I only take painkillers when I'm in extreme pain and about to throw up. I'm a pharmacist and work full time so I can't afford to be on heavy duty painkillers (not that they help much anyway).
    I took myself off all medication because I felt it was either making me worse or not helping.
    I have a very high pain tolerance so lucky for me I don't need to take painkillers every few hours.

Phoebe