Anyone who had MVP diagnosed after Fibro ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Fudge43, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

I'm curious to know if anyone out there had mitral valve proplapse diagnosed after they were diagnosed with the fibro ..and if they had taken Aleve for a number of years .. I'm Canadian and Aleve is not an over the counter medication .. I had relatives in the States that brought it up for me .. I have my suspicians about why on earth I developed this MVP .. any input greatly appreciated !
  2. tilla

tilla New Member

I found out before I had FM that I had MVP. I did not know until later on in life that I had it. A lot of times the doctors do not hear it. You probably have always had it. I haven't heard anywhere that Aleve caused it. I did hear Phen Phen, the diet drug could cause it.

Tilla
  3. springshower

springshower New Member

Fudge......I developed symptoms of MVP when I was 38 yrs. old,palpitations,rapid heartbeat & high blood pressure.....I never took aleve......I apparently had it all my life ,but never had symptoms till later in life...I developed FM in my 50's......Any stimulents can cause symptoms with MVP......Also you need to take antibiotics with dental or any surgical procedures.....Springshower
  4. patientnurse

patientnurse New Member

I go back so far that fibromyalgia was not a vocabulary word. But at age 26 I would have such strong palpitations that if would keep me up all night. The dr. diagnosed MVP by the symptoms because it wasn't caught by the echocardiogram. I have immediate relief from a beta- blocker drug in 3 days (corgard, atenolol) It fixed my shortness of breath and headache problems. A few years later I had another echocardiogram and they spotted it. It can cause anxiety feelings, by the way. Because it is hard to hear, chances are you had it all along and getting sicker or older has brought the symptoms to the forefront. The joys of aging!!!