Anyone who wants to send good wishes to Suzan come in here

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by doxygirl, Sep 9, 2007.

1. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

Many of us have been following Suzan's story.......she was married for many years to a man who recently told her he did not sign up to take care of a sick woman, Suzan was actually the one who was still taking care of him when he decided to end their marriage.......

she was put in a position to move in with her son in another state and was making the move this weekend.....

Suzan has been a real trooper and held her head as high as possible for such drastic and sudden circumstances.....

I would like to start this post for those that want to send support love, well wishes etc, for this has to be very hard for her and she needs us more than ever right now.....

thank you to those of you who decide to participate in sending her your support!

I have thought about you all weekend........I hope that you made it safe and that your departure was not traumatic for you.........I also hope that dd is having mercy on you, and you are feeling well..............

I hope that as soon as you possibly can you will let those of us who are following your story know your doing and fill us in on all the details of your trip, and how your soon to be ex took the shock of your leaving.

We love you and send lots of hugs and support........

Your friend
  2. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

I could say the same thing to you! ;)

You are one of the "rocks" on this board......always there with open arms for others when you have your plate full yourself!

Thank you for being so sweet to me.....for all the times you have been there when I needed to be lifted....and for always giving with the warm heart you indeed have

Thank you also for posting to I believe when she sees this it will help her to have a better day! ;)

Love, hugs, and thanks
  3. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

God Bless you. We will be thinking of you and praying for you in your new life.

4. ckball

ckball New Member

Suzan I have not posted to you but have been reading your postings. You are a true lady and have handled this all very well. You are so lucky to have raised wonderful adults to be there for you during this time.

You will have hard days but don't question yourself, you did the right thing. I have been single since 1994 and really enjoy having my life and answering to no one.

I have my 2 dogs who keep me busy and never let me have pity parties when one sneaks up on me, they always come to me and lick my tears away.Then I know I am fine.

God bless you, we never know how strong we are until we are truly put to the test and you have passed with flying colors- take care and enjoy your new found freedom-Carla
  5. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

Suzan I hope the move went without too many problems. You are one brave lady. never second guess your choises. you were the one that did everything with dignity and with class. i hope the trip and your feelings are not being real hard on this dd. My thoughts and prayers are with you as you settle in and am looking forwad to hearing from you that everything went off without a hitch. Gods Speed Suzan and know that you did the right thing. Once again you are a women of dignity and class and don't ever forget that........SueF
  6. cheryl888881

cheryl888881 New Member

I have not posted to you before but just want you to know that I wish you well and have been praying for you. I know that you will be fine now that you have made your move. I had to do something similar 12 years ago after being married for 25 years and my dear sons helped me out also.

I am now doing very well, remarried to a wonderful man and couldn't ask for more. I had some tough times when I thought I wasn't going to make it but it made me a much stronger person and I don't regret a minute of it.

May you be safe and I am so thankful for your sons.

Gentle Hugs,

7. sisland

sisland New Member

Suzan! Your a real Trooper!,,,,,Prayers comming your way!
  8. boltchik

boltchik New Member

I have been following your story and thinking of you. I hope your move went well this weekend. In fact, I came on the board this morning to see if you had an update. But, I'm sure it will take you a while to set up and get settled. God Bless you on your new journey. Kim :)
  9. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

goes well, Susan. As the Norskies say, "Ha det bra." (Have it good.)

10. budmickl

budmickl New Member

Like others who have posted here, I haven't responded to your postings but have read them daily.

I hope your move went smooth. I hope you did the 'Elaine strut' as you were walking away after he realized what you were doing.

Your son is lucky to have you back so close to him. And you have certainly raised your kids to be outstanding people. You should be so proud!

Looking forward to hearing how the move went, and that you are settled in and moving forward!

11. victoria

victoria New Member

I also am sending you good thoughts and prayers... haven't posted much but following your story.

I'm sure everything will works out for you, even tho there may be some 'down' times; you do sound like a strong lady to have made the decisions you've made and carried through.

And you have wonderful children, so happy they're there to help you in all ways!

All the best,

12. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

Thank you for all this love for Suzan....if only we could hug and support her in person....

you all are so loving and givng to keep this moved to the top........

Suzan this thread has accomplished exactly what I set out to do and that is to show you that we are all here for you no matter what.......and that we truly care.....this is not an easy thing for even the strongest of persons to go through........and many have pointed out that you have handled yourself with dignity and respect.........

you deserve to be commended on your self preservation and respect............

you are truly an example for all of us to follow should we ever be in a similar situation.......

always remember you did the right thing.......please don't ever look behind and ? .......because I just feel that the future is "yours" my dear........

as strong as you are, as strong as you have been, you may have a minute or two where you need to be carried or lifted........

and as you can see this is where you know you can come and rely on that lift or ride........

you are on my mind night and day.........and Iam constantly sending my positive wishes, thoughts and prayers,

I hope that this thread and all the posts that have been made on your behalf will be able to make this transition in your life easier for you and pave the way for a much deserved road ahead in your life!

Please tell your boys how much all of us thank them for being there for you and helping you with your move and your mending........since in person we cannot be.....we are grateful that they are........because of them we know you will be safe and cared for...........what a relief!

hugs, love and prayers always

PS Elaine.....LOL I do hope you know you have made a new name for yourself here LOL I truly think you should change your name to the "S-Elaine shuffle" LOL LOL LOL!!!!!!!

13. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

My thoughts and prayers are with you. You are being so strong. Best wishes for you.
  14. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

I will pray for new friends to find you at your new home. We are always here, but it will be fun for you to meet and get to know other friends, as well.
    Huge hugs,

15. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I'm thinking of you and wishing you only the best! You're a strong woman.

16. Suzan

Suzan New Member

First let me say THANK YOU to Doxy for starting this thread..what a treat for me this particular this is the day the first paper towards divorce will be filed..and I am filled with sadness that THIS is how this long marriage will end.

The move went as well as I could have hoped...the last and only words he said to me on Sat. was 'what time can I come back here'...I said I would be done by dinner...he said ok..and left the house.

What he came back to was a MESS..AND his son left as well..and I heard later via my daughter that he was shocked by that. Well, IF he would have spent any time talking with Brian..he would have known how unhappy and stressful it was for him. But..the man knows not how to have a relationship..that is obvious now..and so he lost much more than his marriage.

I am doing ok, although the move did me in ..and FM is hitting hard now. But the stress is definately lower I have hope that the pain will lessen as the days pass. I knew that I would crash at some point, and boy did I!LOL Other people don't understand that..but I know you all do!

My boys are being amazing..they lift me up when the tears come..they are HERE for me for what ever I need. I actually managed a trip to the grocery store yesterday...That was about ALL I did..but it sure did feel great to do such a normal thing! I did end up getting the good travel will be a bit easier for me now. I am a bit familiar with the area of Milwaukee I am living..but I need some help finding my way around. But it is a nice area of town..and safe...and I will be ok here.

I am so overwhelmed by all your support. I guess as women, with an illness, what happened to me is a fear that we all think about at some point in time. I hope that none of you is ever faced with this! I am proud of how I am moving thru this journey. Yes, it has been overwhelmingly hard at times, but somewhere inside me I knew I could find my way.

I don't know what awaits me in this part of my life, but my son and his girlfriend both have said that when I am up to it..they want to show me 'their' city! My son invited me already to watch football this sunday at a friends house...LOL Not sure I will be up to that...but how sweet of him to include his ol' mom.

Life is very different now...but it is not bad...just different...and I am working on staying positive..and not looking backward...only forward. I feel like now that I have come this far...going back would be the wrong choice for me...even if 'he' wakes up one day and thinks he made a mistake. I am done with that part of my life...I can never allow him the chance to hurt me again.

So, again, thank you from the bottom of my heart, your support has helped me stay strong and make my way thru this journey...I will continue to let you know I am ok for awhile..and I am now looking forward to being able to support you all on days you need it too!

Love and hugs from Wisconsin,
  17. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

Thank you so much for letting us know your ok!

There are so many of us who were heavily thinking and pulling for you............Iam relieved that your departure went well......and I think it is so very sad that he is still hiding behind his "brave" mask!

"Oh well that is his problem now not yours!

I know how hard this has to be for you .........and Iam sad that you have tears but remember what I told you before "when we cry it means we are growing" will be fine.....somehow I now in the end of this you will be much happier.................

I was thrilled to hear from you so soon........thank you again for letting us know...........

love n hugs
  18. Suzan

Suzan New Member

I know you have your own pile of trouble going on..and yet you reached out to me..and I can't thank you enough.

I feel better each day...and I am beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel..and I am feeling that life will only get better for me. I have such amazing sons..and they are so supportive of me bettering my life..and are so willing to help me restart and have better and more wonderful adventures in this new chapter.

I AM a lucky woman. Even though leaving a marriage is hard after 28 years...I have much to live for..and my dreams can still come true...and that is a wonderful feeling to have!

I appreciate the kind words each and every one of you have offered me...the support you have given definately hits the 'priceless' list!~

Thank you!