Anyone with acute lyme? Proof by testing

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by Dee50, May 20, 2006.

1. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

I would like to rule out acute lyme. Does the Q-Ribb test confirm acute lyme? If not what does? Thanks
    Dee50
  2. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Thank you :) Does anyone know if Q-Ribb shows acute lyme?
    Dee50
  3. mrpain

mrpain New Member

What is igenex and how do you find it? How does one go and get an igenex test and what kind of doctor does that?
  4. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

test has many false positives and that Igenex is reliable .
  5. victoria

victoria New Member

In JoAnne Whitaker's own words:
    ----------------------------

"Q-RIBb (Quantitative Rapid Identification of Borrelia burdorferi . . .Antibiotics do not affect the test so it is effective whether or not the person being tested is on antibiotics. When observed in phase contrast, the L-forms can be described morphologically.

This process provides a quantitative titration (serial dilution) method of detecting the antigen in a fluid sample of a subject. The test is considered positive for Lyme disease upon detection of brightly fluorescent antigen-antibody complexes.

Tests that look for antibody response will not support an early diagnosis, nor reliably confirm presence of the disease."
    -------------------
    So to me it sounds like it can. She also says they can detect babesia, ehrlichiosis and I think one other common co-infection -- and you could always go to her site and ask her directly as well.

Also, regarding false positives, she has done studies where Lida Mattman PhD has confirmed the positives, as well as some independent labs. The 'jury' is still out... either Lymw is endemic/epidemic, or it is flawed.

Hope this helps!
    Victoria

[This Message was Edited on 05/21/2006]
  6. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Thank you :)