Anyone with CFIDS have a knot just below the collarbone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kaths, Dec 27, 2002.

1. kaths

kaths New Member

I've had a rash on the left side of my neck for a while. But now I have a hot red patch stretching down to a cylindrical knot just below my collarbone -- like an enlarged muscle. My husband thinks I've pulled something from coughing and gagging from sinus drainage (love the nausea too!) I'm seeing the doctor next week. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Kathy
  2. jolly

jolly New Member

Yes, I've had this, plus big knot under the arm, one by right knee, etc. I was on strong antibiotics for a while, but it didn't seem to affect it. I finally got clued to trigger points and by doing the therapy myself have gotten rid of all these knots throughout my body. I think what happens is that our muscles get trigger points in them which restricts the blood and lymph flow and our systems get all stopped up. Nothing's flowing easily. Get Clair Davies' book " The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook," and follow the directions. It's a very painful process, but you do it yourself so you can gauge how much pain to take at one time. After about 4 months all the knots in my body are gone and all the pain except for in my jaw. That one is a booger and may be caused by my dentures instead. Good luck. Jo Ellen
  3. kaths

kaths New Member

Thank you for the information. I'm going to Amazon.com right now to find Davies' "Trigger Point Therapy" book!

Kathy
  4. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

Hi Kathy! I don't have a knot below my collarbone, but that is where 2 of my tender points are. If I just touch the area lightly, it hurts. I don't know anything about that part of the anatomy, so I couldn't tell you what you might have. Let us kow what the doctor says.

Annette2