anyone with CFS get POS too???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by supergirl99, Nov 6, 2006.

1. supergirl99

supergirl99 New Member

Just wondering if any of the women on here have CFS and also get Polycistic ovarian syndrome (spelling!) I have both and so does my friend and I have noticed some other people on here talking about ovarian cysts. I don't have cysts but have the hormone imbalance which indicates POS. Just curious really if this is quite common or just a coincidence?

x
  2. supergirl99

supergirl99 New Member

3. supergirl99

supergirl99 New Member

4. victoria

victoria New Member

If you put 'PCOS' in the search box up above, you'll see there have been some posts made about this, some quite recently....

Hope this helps, a lot of women here do seem to have it or other gynecological problems (I myself have endometriosis)...

all the best,
    Victoria

5. supergirl99

supergirl99 New Member

for your responces. Will do a search

x
  6. rockymtnmom

rockymtnmom New Member

I firmly believe that my ovarian cysts and possible POS (never did get an absolute dx), and infertility is all due to FMS. I have had comorbid diseases of FMS since I was a young girl (IBS, Renauds, severe debilitating allergies)and I think that the gyne problems are related as well.

I went thru infertility tx which really exacerbated my symptoms (and resulted in triplets, pregnancy and birth also made things much worse, but I was undiagnosed at that time)

I subsequently had to have a hysterectomy at age 34 to relieve recurring cysts, bleeding (when before I had no periods) and pelvic pain. This was during the height of my developing illness.

Hope you can find some answers, and that someone gets interested and does some research.

Kim
  7. supergirl99

supergirl99 New Member

Thank you for your reply. What you went through sounds truly terrible. I ma very lucky that I do not have the cists. Saying that though, Before the medication i'm on, I had excruciating period pains (actually felt like someone was stabbing me in the stomach and twisting the blade) and really really irregular bleeding.

We are trying for a baby now and I am due to see the gaenacologist (spelling) in January if we have not concieved yet.

Since being on the medication the stabbing pain has subsided but I do get very bad period pains and have to take speacial period medication for that. It just seems to me that I have developed all of this since having my first baby (that is the PCOS and CFS) not that i'm saying it is due to pregnancy but it seems a coincidence that I have developed both of these things in the space of three years.

I also hope that maybe there is some research to be done to see if there is a link to these things and also to see if there are links to any other illnesses also.

x