Anyone with Fibro in or around Sacramento or Palmdale CA?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mujuer, Oct 27, 2008.

1. mujuer

mujuer New Member

I am looking to find some people who are currently or have lived in or around these cities. We are currently living up in the Pac Northwest and are thinking of moving if my husband gets a job in or around these two cities where he has been accepted to test. This is all due to my fibro and I just can't tolerate the high and low pressure systems that are constantly in flux here. I just wondered if there are any of you living in those areas and your fibro is due to the weather, how it affects you there. I would appreciate all feedback. Thanks. P
    [This Message was Edited on 10/27/2008]
  2. mujuer

mujuer New Member

3. dafoefan

dafoefan New Member

I live in LA, near the airport and ocean. I find even though our weather is pretty nice (as a matter of fact I intend to go lay on the beach today); I still am affected by the fluctuation in the barometer here. I can only imagine how sick I would be in the Pacific NW.

I have not lived but have family and friends in both areas. IMHO, near Sacramento (perhaps the outskirts), would be a safer and nicer area to live in. Palmdale is very windy, and a bit "rough". I'm sure some areas are nice and perhaps someone will chime in with areas near that aren't as bad as I've perceived them.

Bottomline, if it were between my Husband and I, it would be near Sacramento, without question.

HTH, good luck on your move and your Husband's new job.
  4. mujuer

mujuer New Member

I really appreciate your reply. It really does help. I just thought maybe palmdale would be warmer. I don't know much about the winters in Sacramento or around the Palmdale area. I just need a warm, dry place to land. Thanks again. P
  5. ETN

ETN New Member

I am just outside of Sacramento and have been here 18 years.

The winters are fairly mild. My kids really don't wear jackets, just like sweatshirts and whatnot.

I heard the same thing about Palmdale, it's kind of rough there.

My first choice would be Sacramento.
    Keep us posted and if you have any other questions let me know.
  6. mujuer

mujuer New Member

I see you have fibro also. Does the weather affect your flares? I have been running yearly weather reports all over California. We wouldn't live right in those towns but probably close by and out in the boons. Thanks for your help. P
  7. ETN

ETN New Member

I don't even think I get those anymore because I have gotten progressively worse over the past few years. So that sucks.
    It used to be more cyclical but not anymore.

I wish you good luck with you choice. If you do decide to move here we should get together!