Anyone with FM have weakness in legs/arms?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Susi-di, Oct 28, 2006.

1. Susi-di

Susi-di New Member

Hi there, I have FM and just lately have been feeling weakness in my arms and legs, mostly my legs. I can still walk and all, but it just "feels" like they are weak. Is that normal to experience with FM? Susi-di
  2. charlenef

charlenef New Member

for me this is my life everyday some are better than others but it is always there charlene
  3. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Yes, for me it is the norm & sooo out of breath and hurting when I climb stairs or use them. I notice it does let up at times, but when I am in a flare... it is awful.

Hugs
    Kim
  4. elliespad

elliespad Member

Weakness is my biggest disability. Profoundly weak all over, but especially so in legs/hips. I have trouble getting up from sitting and can only stand for a couple minutes. Sometimes not even long enough to wash dishes.
  5. suz45

suz45 New Member

Hi Susi:

Weakness in the limbs is very common in FMS and CFS, I expereince it on anf off particularly is I overexert my muscles. One supplement I have found helpful over the long course is High complex B, Malic acid, and Magnesium which helps with muscle energy.

I am assuming you have had all other muscle disorders rules out such as RA, MS, Lupus...etc

Hope this gives you some ideas... Often you really need to pace yourself and on some days just folding laundry can make my arms feel tired.

In wellnes,

Suz45
  6. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Hi Susi

I have that problem too. Somedays my legs feel like I am walking with weights on them. The same with my arms.

I try to pace myself with breaks in between jobs. Folding cloths, vacuuming, just going for a walk feels like a big effort.

I keep trying to tell myself I have to keep going so my muscles don't get even weaker but somedays it feels so hard.

hugs Redwillow
  7. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

sus-di:

I have that all the time. My FM doc said it was attributed to the fibromyalgia.

nyrofan
  8. Susi-di

Susi-di New Member

Thank you all so much for writing back. I really feel better having you all out there for support. I had a feeling it was the FM, but my daily knee pain had just started in this past year, and so many other joints were hurting for a long time, so I knew I was too young for all of this, and now the weakness too. For my job (bank teller) I am on my feet all day long, and I just keep trying to keep going, but it has gotten more difficult but I will still keep going as long as I can. I wonder how long I will get worse for? does it level off eventually? Thanks again everyone. ((((Hugs)))) Susi-di
  9. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

I feel weekness a lost in my legs. Some times I get up too fast and try to sit down, but my legs have a mind of there own and my legs just about gave out.
    Hugs,
    Tigger
  10. Goldyfm

Goldyfm New Member

I can't remember when I didn't anymore.
  11. msbad66

msbad66 New Member

weakness is a way of life for me also....legs, arms, back, neck...
  12. millennia

millennia New Member

This is what originally sent me to the doc that diagnosed me with fibro. I have jello legs!
  13. leobear

leobear New Member

I do too...weakness in both arms and legs, it lessens and worsens at different times. Was very bad some years ago, but somehow I have improved abit and I dont feel it as much. Legs are still weak I can walk only so far and thats it, but arms are stronger.
    Yep it's that pacing that is the key I reckon ...overdo it and you pay!
  14. enjoysue

enjoysue New Member

Hi susi-di, I'm from WI also. You could be hurting from the darn cold weather we are having already. I don't know how old you are but I already have arthritis in several joints with my left knee and right shoulder the worst so far.

Have you ever injured yourself anywhere? I thought my knee pain was from fibro but when I started limping I got it checked out. I'm not a good candidate for knee replacement so yeehaw :p

Do you have a TENS unit? If so place it on your arm for a bit and see if you are even weaker still right after that. I know I am really bad.

When they were showing me how to use the unit I had wore out my arm muscle so much that I could hardly write up the paperwork that was neccessary.

Somewhere I read on the net that that means something but I don't recall what. I hope you get some relief soon!
  15. blueski31717

blueski31717 New Member

Yes every day...
  16. natrlvr2

natrlvr2 New Member

I also do have OA in both knees (and DDD in my back) but the FM in my legs is BAD!I have to always take breaks and put my feet up.I do stay active(as much as I can) because I have a son,but my legs get so weak,I cannot stand it.Very painful too.But my Vicodin usually helps abit.