Anyone with FMS apply For SSD and...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rockismom, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Rockismom

Rockismom New Member

Is there anyone here with FMS who applied For SSD and did not get turned down the first time?

If so, please tell us your story.

2. bobbycat

bobbycat New Member

I have been approved pending review. They randomly choose people to review their cases prior to approval she said every two in something can't remember. She asked me some questions and I answered (allsup said don't do that as I was suppose to call them and go through them.) So she said that could take up to 90 days but I don't know how long it has been in review. She said maybe a week or so but I don't know. If I get the final approval that means I only qualified as of april as you have to wait 5 or six months before you get any money but you need to apply right away as they are backed up and it takes that long anyway. I can not remember when the original paper work was sent. But if I get approved total that means I only went past my date that I could recieve my benifits in just over a month. Remember if you qualify you do not get medicare for two years so see if your state has a state funded medical program you can get. Happy birthday Hope this helps
    [This Message was Edited on 04/24/2009]
  3. Rockismom

Rockismom New Member

Congrats to you! What a blessing! I'm not sure how long I can last at work and I know that there are hundreds of people here who have filed and not been approved. I'm really frightened but I feel like I am not really living at this point...merely existing.

I have been depressed too these days because my dear horse "Zip" passed away recently (natural causes) and my heart just aches for her. This is the time of year we look forward to riding and when I think of going I just feel sick. "And this too shall pass" - right?

Gotta go. MIL just set off h er lifeline and I need to anser the call!

Thank you for the Birthday greeting.

Blessings to you!
  4. bobbycat

bobbycat New Member

I am very sorry about your horse. My sister owns a horse ranch on Van Island I B.C Canada. She trains, teaches, boards etc. They are having their annual rodeo this year and two dances. My niece is in Okalamo on a rodeo scolership. She barrel and lady breakaway. My sister and some of my nieces were in the movie the thirteenth warior with antonia bandarous (sp) they were stunt riders and they filmed part of the movie at my sisters ranch.
    Take care and if you apply go on the ssi or ssd site and study everything.