Anyone with FMS been diag. with optic neuritis and NOT MS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by herbqueen, Aug 15, 2006.

1. herbqueen

herbqueen New Member

I am scared to death right now awaiting MRI results. Can you have optic neuritis with FMS and not have MS? 8 years with FMS and managing it fairly well.. although it took years to build myself back up to a normal life and now this?

Also- the MRI has set my nervous system off into an explosion.. or so it seems since the symptoms started the afternoon after the MRI. Have barely been able to sleep since the MRI.. my nervous system and arms legs..everything is twitching. I didn't notice this before the MRI... anyone reacted this way to an MRI?

Please advise. I'm scared.
  2. tansy

tansy New Member

I have been Dx with ME and neuro lyme.

I had a MRI of my cervical spine done last year, the magnetism from that triggered heart flutters and some breathing problems. This happened on one of my good days and soon passed with no long term adverse effects.

TC, Tansy
  3. herbqueen

herbqueen New Member

My MRI came back "normal" for both brain (no lesions) and optic nerves (normal in size etc.). My vision issue (dim , blotchy) in right eye persists. Is the MRI the technique used to diagnose O.N.? If so, is it possible that I had it ( 5 weeks since onset of symptoms until I got the MRI) and the inflammation subsided by the time I got the MRI? Tryng to rule out all poss. The opth. is now referring me to a Neuro Opth. Of course he chose one that focuses on pediatric neruo opth! From my research on the web. I feel I need to someone who has a least heard of FMS and specialized in auto immune related eye issues. Any thoughts on this? I need to find the best doc in the Boston area.