Anyone with FMS have achy feet?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sheesh, May 10, 2006.

1. Sheesh

Sheesh New Member

I am trying to figure out the cause of this extreme foot pain I have everyday and I have had it for quite a while now. I have tried cortizone shots and they did not help it.

My rheumotologist only has me taking skelaxin for my Fibro and I am not feeling any extreme relief with this med.
    I still take it though because it is all I have right now.

Does anyone else have pain in the heels of their feet and if so do they know for a fact it is because of their fibro
    or is it caused from something else.

Thanks for your time~
  2. puddin827

puddin827 New Member

It's from the fibro. Mine hurt too. My grandaughter massages my feet when she stays with me'she is 10. Of course I pay her to do it and she doesn't mind. Feels good. I can't be on my feet too long or I will be sorry !
  3. nonnie1967

nonnie1967 New Member

Usually it's the soles that bother me the most. They hurt - sometimes they feel like they're hooked up to a powerful electrical charge. And sometimes my feet and ankles are so COLD that even socks won't warm them.

Not sure what causes it - just that it's a "fibro thing."
  4. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

Sometimes my feet hurt so bad even with the best shoes and shoes for troubled feet that I have been tempted to whack them off at the ankles and walk on sticks. I have to massage them, roll them over a tennis ball or they literally burn and hurt.

TxSongBird
  5. atpeace

atpeace New Member

My feet hurt, too. But not so much in the heel area.

My worst foot pain is right after I lay down in bed. They throb and pain shoots through them, top to bottom. Laying on my back is bad at first, because the weight of the covers pressing down on the top of my feet hurts. Isn't that crazy?

Sheesh, is it only the heel of your foot that hurts, or does the whole bottom of your foot hurt sometimes?

Lori
  6. Sheesh

Sheesh New Member

Thank you all for your comments.
    Atpeace,
    The pain is mostly in my heels of my feet. Sometimes, it hurts everywhere the top of my feet and the bottoms.
    I just don't know what to do for it anymore.
  7. BabiCati

BabiCati New Member

I do. I have spent hundreds of dollars and several cortisone shots and no relief. Finally, my podiatrist and my boss told me to get the Dansko clogs (professional) they are expensive at $110 but my boss has had hers for 4 years. I have been using them for two months and I don't remember what the pain felt like any more. They were a Godsend. My ankle pain is gone, as is the heel pain and the pain in the front part of my foot. I wear them everywhere and I have more energy. My mom is getting a pair now. I highly recommend them.
  8. tlayne

tlayne Member

I have spent thousands of $ for shoes. The best ones I have found are Dockers for women. When I was working as a nurse I would be on my feet 12 hours a day, my feet were killing me. The Dockers are the best that I have found.
  9. srh

srh New Member

Yes - definitely. That's where my pain started.

My heels hurt so bad, I have to sleep on my stomach, have only a light blanket and hang them out the bottom of the bed.

A good arch support helps during the day. But I have found nothing to help my heels. Even tried a Tempurpedic. Never worked.

May the wind be always at your back
  10. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

Count me in too. Every part of my feet hurt on into the toes. Has any Dr. said anything to you about Plantar Fascitis, or bone spurs causing heel pain? If so, custom made Orthotics may help you. Have you seen a Podiatrist about your feet discomfort?

Laura
  11. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

Especially over the past two years the have gotten worse.

I have given up cute shoes completely. I have tried all the expensive brands of shoes. I have had the best luck with Merrels but I also have some Cole Hans, Ecco, and 1803. Dansko wasn't a miracle worker for me but I have a pair of those too.

I have found that puting them under the faucet in the bath and running cold water over them soothes the pain quite a bit.

The pain is all over my foot - sole, heel, and top of my foot.

I also had to have surgery done on both big toes for unbearable in-grown toe nails. Anyone else?

Anyway, I do better now with better shoes but no cure yet. I wake up in the morning and feel like I've just hiked Disney Land.

Blessings,

Sofi
  12. Cookie3

Cookie3 New Member

Make sure that you do not have RA, I see that you already go to a Rheumy and you have FM, I know that painful feet and hands are RA symptoms also. My feet hurt all of the time.
  13. nonnie1967

nonnie1967 New Member

I think it's called matrixectomy. I've had it dones on both sides of both big toes - multiple times in some cases, because the darned nails just insist on growing back. In fact, I just had the left side of the big toe on my left foot redone last Friday. It is still icky, bruised and bandaged. :-(

14. BronzeWomn

BronzeWomn New Member

I am sitting up here now after 1a.m. with my foot paining me..i am limping when i walk and but a ace brace on it and rubbed with SUPER BLUE STUFF it helps a little..i started walking at the mall again with good walkin shoes..thats all i can think of ..but,,i have foot pain sometimes if the weather do a big change..its suppose to rain..i dont kow why my foot hurt..sometimes. I would like to pick up another foot and buy another one..if this was possible. LOL.
  15. Sheesh

Sheesh New Member

Yes, I have noticed that on certain days where the weather has changed they feel worse or a little better. But it never, ever, goes away.

I am going to check into the heel spurs and the planter
    fascitis. I just want some relief. its so depressing not being able to do anything w/o regreting it the next day.
    If I do too much I am laid up the next day.

I try to stay positive, but my constant pain takes over my brain and puts me back into depression land. I wish I could do the things I used to be able to do and I miss doing things with my kids. I just feel like I am the boring parent. :(

16. mdempsey

mdempsey New Member

I also have plantar fascia. my pain is the worst after getting out of bed or after I have been sitting awhile. The shoes that I have helped me the most are "crocs". I don't know if everyone has heard of them, but it is all I wear now. They are also very economical. Usually about $30 online. Just do a search for crocs for more information.
  17. snooker11

snooker11 New Member

yes - this is where my pain started. now, 2 years later, my feet hurt less - but are still tender in the area right next to the heel. it was a gradual process of getting better. at the begining, I could barely walk down the street without feeling like i was stepping on glass. now i walk 2-3 miles a day and my feet do ache - but in a more dull way. it's gotten a lot better!!
  18. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

Crocs are great shoes that when your feet heat up, they conform to your footbed. I have hot pink, lime green and black in both Beach style and Professional. They weigh literally nothing and can be hosed off and worn in the water.

TxSongBird
  19. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Sheesh:

I have extreme foot pain in the morning when I wake up.
    It works it's way out as I move around more, but I still have leg problems. I relate it to the FM.

nyrofan
  20. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

My feet hurt alot and they also feel as if they are burning at times.
    Skelaxtin never really helped my for my FM I use Zanaflex now and it seems to help.