Anyone with food intolerances

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kjschlotte, Oct 3, 2005.

1. kjschlotte

kjschlotte New Member

I am looking for information on food intolerances.

I have noticed that when i eat certain things i feel like a balloon the next or even after.

Some of the items I am finding that are making me sick are:
    peanut butter, salt, msg , spaghetti, candy, grapes,

I have read that people with FM should avoid Green peppers, msg, salt, caffiene and sugar.

I am trying to put a list together can anyone help

"J"
  2. ksp56

ksp56 Member

If I eat the following, I become extremely bloated and tired.

No raw fruits/vegetables, unless cooked and skinless

No dairy

No flour or wheat products

No MSG

No red meat.

No to starches including vegetables high in startch

If I eat peanut butter, my digestive tract plays havoc for hours! I don't digest many foods well.

I do have something sweet, in very small portions, occasionally.

Good luck!

Kim

3. kjschlotte

kjschlotte New Member

I read in a fibromyalgia cookbook that green peppers not red peppers should be avoided.

It said that green peppers contain a compound called "solanine" which affects enzyme function in the muscles causing pain.

"J"
  4. justlikemom

justlikemom New Member

I'm a very picky eater, green peppers is one thing I have on my menu... I haven't noticed a problem, but then again I wasn't looking either.

I have food intolerances - which cause very painful stomach/intestinal cramps and associated problems to:
    lactose and Garlic (onions are part of the same genus, they also give me trouble)... it makes eating Italian food next to impossible.

I tolerate whole graines, but if I eat white bread, or bread with a limited amount of whole grain I bloat up and get headaches.

Caffeine and alcohol give me migraines

And let's not even talk about chemical sensitivities!

5. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

.... soy is supposed to be such a great nutrient ? sorry .. spelling ? .. for menopausal women and women in general but it is a disaster with me .. even when it is just an additive in a food product .. my face goes on fire .. headache and I feel terrible ... but I didn't hear about the green peppers issue ... wow ... and looking at what others react to .. I'm lucky !
  6. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I have lactose intolerance, but can't even drink any milk, even Lactaid. Milk gives me severe diarrhea. Also yogurt makes me sneeze and have congestion in my sinuses the next day for hours in the mornings.

I do eat green peppers, but not often. I don't like them raw, only cooked.

Too much in fatty foods will give me diarrhea.

The MSG that is in salad dressings doesn't seem to bother me. I like the fat free types.

I have gastroparesis and have to be careful of too much fiber.

Hugs,
    Faye
  7. Christinawensell

Christinawensell New Member

HI I have several it would be easier for me to list the things I can have, soem of the main ones are:

Anything with tomatoes (spagetti, lasagna,chili,salsa)- all my favorites

caffeine- definetly one to avoid I have found out

white and wheat breads- includes tortillas

anything with mint ( now this is a new one to me, the doctor told me to avoid this - which makes me mad my favorite gum is spearamint)

salt

we'll I could go on and on, but others have been mentioned.

Hope you feel better soon.

I think alot of us have the food reaction thing,

Here is to good eating- I am to eating and feeling good. If it was good eating I could eat the things I like. Oh we'll I would rather avoid them and feel better.

Christina
  8. kjschlotte

kjschlotte New Member

If you like strawberry pop-tarts have you tried Blue Bunny Strawberry smoothie yougurt drink

yes I will add aspartame

"J"
  9. kalaya

kalaya New Member

Wow lots of similarities on these list which is thought provoking to say the least.As far as green peppers go I am in no danger if I were to munch on these but here is the list of foods that I will suffer horribly for if I cross the line.

Wheat,makes my hair fall out and causes fatigue.
    Rice,causes extreme fatigue and causes EXTREME HUNGER even if I wasn't hungry before I ate it.

Beef and pork.Makes me very weak and the pork is one of the only foods with the exception of wheat that causes weight gain.

Sugar isn't great,but if I eat it without coupling it with flour then I am in far less peril.Not certain about MSG, because I never touch the stuff.God bless.
  10. Dukate

Dukate New Member

Hi, your question got my attention. There are so many of us with the same food problems. Also multiple chemical sensativities but i find what everyone said so right on the mark with food. I am down to being able to eat so few foods plus don't have the energy to cook anymore but this has been for a long time. I try to get the most important foods into this miserable body. Try eating things spaced 3 to four days apart or once a week at least. You can often get away with eating this way unless it really makes you feel very sick. Thats the only way I can work it. Would love to win the lottery and have a cook. But I am still heavy, go figure that.

Luck and hugs to all Dukate
  11. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

I have food intolerances to; Soy,Yeast,Eggs,Tomatoes, and
    Diry Products. I get bloated and lots of gas from them.Plus MCS also! I am trying to find someone to give me an Elise and or Rast test to find all my intolerances. So far haven't found anyone in this area.
    Shirley
  12. elastigirl

elastigirl New Member

'Anyone with food intolerances 10/03/05 09:27 AM

I am looking for information on food intolerances.

I have noticed that when i eat certain things i feel like a balloon the next or even after.

Some of the items I am finding that are making me sick are:
    peanut butter, salt, msg , spaghetti, candy, grapes,

I have read that people with FM should avoid Green peppers, msg, salt, caffiene and sugar.

I am trying to put a list together can anyone help

"J" '

I just borrowed "The Feingold Diet" from my library and was going to create a post asking if anyone's tried it -- when I saw your post. The items you are sensitive to (except peanut butter) are all listed as foods ~not~ to eat in Part I and Part II of the Feingold diet. And the peanut butter must be pure (just peanuts and salt), or it could contain additives strongly discouraged by the diet.

Here's the website: feingold dot org. (I found the book a little easier to read than the website -- no membership fee required -- and free to borrow from a library if they have it.)
  13. kjschlotte

kjschlotte New Member

I am so surprised and relied at the responses.

it is amazing the simalarity's

So far on the list I have:

Peanut Butter-
    Salt-
    MSG
    Spaghetti-
    Candy
    Grapes
    Green Peppers
    Salt-
    Sugar-
    Caffeine-
    Wheat
    Cluten
    Milk
    corn syrup
    red meats
    dairy
    vegi's high in starch
    garlic
    onions
    alcohol
    soy
    aspartame
    bananna
    yogurt
    tomatoes
    mint
    rice
    pork
    eggs

Wow..

"J"
  14. kjschlotte

kjschlotte New Member

Very interesting web site.

thanks
  15. elastigirl

elastigirl New Member

".... soy is supposed to be such a great nutrient ? sorry .. spelling ? .. for menopausal women and women in general but it is a disaster with me .. even when it is just an additive in a food product .. my face goes on fire .. headache and I feel terrible ... but I didn't hear about the green peppers issue ... wow ... and looking at what others react to .. I'm lucky !"

(Sorry I have to cut-n-paste to quote -- I cannot find a reply with quote button.)

I recently read the book "Seeds of Deception" (seedsofdeception dot com) and found out that the US is growing soy that is genetically-modified. This GM soy seems to be causing a new rash of soy allergies in US citizens (I tried soy formula with my son once -- his reaction was awful gas). Have you tried non-GMO organic soy?
  16. kjschlotte

kjschlotte New Member

what does BUMP mean?
  17. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

When I eat hershey choc. I get blisters in my mouth.Cooked cabbage kills me.And I am gonna get us off sugar substitues.

My daughter who also has fms/cfs is now allergic to shrimp.
  18. kjschlotte

kjschlotte New Member