Anyone with Gall bladder problems?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kalley167, May 15, 2006.

1. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

My rhumey says the pain I have been experiencing could be my gallbladder. It has been acting up for over a week now. Pain under my right rib and shoots around to my back below my shoulder blade. I see my PCP tomorrow to see what they say. I have spells of nausea and stomach pain, sometimes I throw up, usually have to drink sprite to get it to ease up. But the pain is bad at times. Tender there also. Feel bloated today and the pain is worse. And fatigue is bad also. Just wondered what eveyone thinks about this,
    [This Message was Edited on 05/17/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 05/18/2006]
  2. Barbie56

Barbie56 New Member

Hi, It sounds like Gall Bladder to me. I know alot of people that have had it. I think I have some Gall Bladder problems also. Sometimes some things that I eat give me pains on the right side in my rib cage. Sometimes I get really bad pains on the side side in my back. Good Luck, and hope everything will be okay...Barb
  3. carebelle

carebelle New Member

It does sound like where you get the pain.I know the pain is really bad.Had mine removed 28 years ago.I would also throw up a green bile.Milk or hot dogs or pork would set mine off.I had alot of gull stones.
    I hope you feel better
    [This Message was Edited on 05/15/2006]
  4. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

I see a doctor tomorrow at 3pm will let ya all know what they say.
  5. KIMHURTS

KIMHURTS New Member

I just went to my doc today for the same problem.I have an ultrasound scheduled on wednesday morning to check for gall stones.
  6. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

An ultrasound should identify this. One does not, however, have to have gallstones to have gallbladder problems.

They can become inflammed and toxic and not even have stones, but stones are usually a part of it.

I have one great big stone, which is attached to the wall, but I am going to have my gallbaldder out when I have my lap band.

There are some cases, now, where gastroenterologists can actually go via the mouth and the stomach and slip instruments into the gallbladder and get the stones, if the organ appears healthy, otherwise. DO ASK ABOUT IT.
  7. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

Just a few days before my oldest was to be married. I thought that the peaches sounded so good with the lowfat cottage cheese and all of a sudden I had a pain in my right side that I wanted to DIE. MOM took me to the ER and they tried to get me out of pain and did better than morst doctors to.

They did the ultrasound and foudn a huge mess of stones and muchy stuff and I had to have it out asap. I got to wait till after the wedding . Do you know that there is NOTHING TO EAT AT A WEDDING that is low fat , on fat not spicey, you name it every thing was making me sick. EVen my fave diet coke. I made it threw the surgery and felt like death warmed over and have only had two sudo gall bladder attacks since the gall bladder was taken out. But they hurt too.

I had to spend a week in teh hospital but then i was home for six weeks and had to take it easy for a while and now I am feeling better. I did learn that if you think you have gall bladder torubles SEEK MEDICAL HELP ASAP AND GET IT TAKEN CARE OF.

I hope taht you feel better soon. Good luck and keep track of what you eat and what it does to you and how you feel after eating it. This will help your doctor and you to decide what the problmes are and what you need done.

HUGS TO YOU<Rosemarie
  8. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i was so happy to have it gone..they had to take my spleen out as well...blood disease called sphereocytosis...

what a relief///

jodie
  9. Gail8899

Gail8899 New Member

I had 18 attacks from March of last year to December. The last attack in late November caused a mild case of pancreatitus. You never want to go there! Had my GB out two days before Christmas and was home four hours after surgery. My GB was not working, and was half full of sand and sludge.

My surgeon told me that the tiny stones are more dangerous than big ones because they can pass into the pancreas and cause it to start destroying itself.

I can eat anything I want, but do get frequent diarrhea. I had that before surgery too, so no big deal for me.

I went without real food for so long before surgery that I find I do not get hungry and often have to force myself to eat. I am still losing weight, but I can afford to do that. I drink Adkins drinks to get vitamins. I have diabetes that is controlled by diet alone so I am pretty strict on low carb.

10. ruby711

ruby711 New Member

Many things can cause nausea. If it's your gallbladder try doing a title search on gallbladder from this website-very good info. I had mine out this past Feb. -no stones but diseased. Ultasound shows stones, hida scan shows function. I wish I had had the hida scan years ago.
    good luck.
    ruby