Anyone with high blood pressure or fast pulse rate?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ally51, Aug 23, 2005.

1. ally51

ally51 New Member

I know this is unusual forCFIDS put I have developed high blood pressure and also a fast heart rate. Just wanting to see if anyone else has ever had this problem. Thanks bunches for any input!!!!
  2. pepper

pepper New Member

Yes, I do. I have been on meds for high BP since year 4 of CFIDS. Before I came down with CFIDS my BP was always perfect, no matter what stress I was under. 120/80 every time. Now it is extremely high and I can only control it with meds. I have to be very careful with supplements too. For example, 5HTP caused it to spike dangerously high.

We are not the only ones with this problem. I have seen it discussed before.

My heart rate is usually within normal range. It is sometimes a little high, especially after I eat carbs - even good carbs. I don't understand that one.

Pepper
  3. tandy

tandy New Member

well my BP is'nt bad enough to need medication(yet)
    But its elevated enough to where the doc. just had a EKG done on me,...looking for answers~ and that looked fine.(does'nt everything?)
    I have a fast pulse too. I think they said numerous times its at 100 bpm at rest. something like that.?
    But I do know that whenever I'm found to have HBP and the fast pulse,..I'm flaring and really in alot of pain.
    So I'm thinking thats the reason for mine.
    your not alone~
    I thought I'd answer you although I have Fibro.
    But wanna add that with the extreme fatigue I feel and a few other things I'm pretty sure I have both.
    God bless you~
  4. sheried

sheried New Member

Plus I have MVP. I am on BP meds to slow down my pulse rate.

Hugs,
    Sherie
  5. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Well-Known Member

Funny thing, I've noticed that after my heart stops beating fast, I get very very tired. The fatigue hits really bad.
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

My BP is always high when it's checked at the docs' offices. I have my own cuff which is accurate and I take it at home. It's almost always in the 120's over the 70's. My pulse rate is another matter; it's almost always pretty high. Even resting, it can be in the 80's or 90's, but sometimes, it's in the 70's.

When I was a young jockette, it would be in the 50's or 60's at rest.

Love, Mikie
  7. allie42

allie42 Guest

Hi Ally:

I surely did have one really bad episode of rapid heart beat. I'm told it's called atrial fibrillation or tachacardia as well. By the time my daughter got me to ER, the ER nurse couldn't even count my pulse! They got me slowed down to a "trot", and fortunately I've not had that since. But it is quite unsettling to say the least. I also have borderline high BP.
  8. allie42

allie42 Guest

Because I have no blockage that would cause a rapid heart
    rate, they conclusion is that it had to have been the psudophedrin I was taking for allergies. Had to quit that and the nasal spray (Afrin like) I'd used for many years for nasal congestion. Now use lots of saline!