anyone with high C-reactive protein levels?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ally51, Apr 19, 2011.

1. ally51

ally51 New Member

Was wondering if anyone has high C-RP levels? I have had mine at 27 for months and am being treated for polymyalgia rheumatica. They have not gone down with steroids so am being tested for other things. I have had CFIDS for 16 years and am thinking this is just another part of it and all these tests are not going to show anything. Anyone have any ideas? Would appreciate any info. at all.
  2. Puddleglum

Puddleglum New Member

Are your symptoms more Rheumatoid in nature? Like swollen joints, muscles pain, butterfly rash, or other rashes, night sweats, fevers?

I would ask for
    anti-double stranded DNA
    Lupus titers 1&2
    urine checked for protein
    C3 & C4
    WBC along with another Sed rate.

I have Lupus/MCTD

3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

But haven't heard from doc so it must be normal. My sed rate was in the normal range, but higher than it has been in years, and my ANA was neg. despite the doc telling me I present with classic CFIDS, FMS and Sjogren's.

Often, in the first couple of years with these autoimmune illnesses, our lab results do not show anything abnormal. That's why it can take so long to diagnose them. On average, it takes 6.5 years to get Sjogren's diagnosed definitively.

Did the doc test for the Giant Cell (can't remember the third word here) because failure to test for it can cuase blindness. Any good doc would test so I'm sure he or she did. My neighbor has this illness and her symptoms are mostly rheumatoid-like pain.

Good luck to you.