ANYONE WITH HIGH LIVER ENZYMES.. cause is WHAT? Hep tests neg.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mhammie, Aug 4, 2005.

1. mhammie

mhammie New Member

I haven't posted here for along time. I take one day at a time with the fibro, osteoarthritis, and seem to be doing o.k.

Had a doctor appt. yesterday. Same results with the high liver enzymes. This has been going on for years. Even at long periods of time when I wasn't taking any medication, including tylenol, advil, and I'm not 1 to drink on a regular basis, and still had high liver enzymes. Now doctor wants me to see the gastroenterologists. What kind of test will they want to do now?

I did have a CAT scan of my liver & bladder back in Feb. or March. Radiologists said everything looked o.k. Also had an exploratory laporoscopy 18 months ago. That doctor said everything looked good.

Had blood tests more than once in the last year for Hepitis B & C and always come back negative.

I hate going to the doctor just like everyone here. I really don't want to keep my appt. with gastro doc.

A few months ago I ran into a nurse that I really trust. She told me sometimes doctors aren't always able to pin point the cause of high liver enzymes. So do I really need to keep this appt.?????

Mhammie
    [This Message was Edited on 08/04/2005]
    [This Message was Edited on 08/04/2005]
  2. over50

over50 New Member

Wow,high liver enzymes for years.
    Has anyone tested you for HEPC?
    It seems like they have done all the other tests.
    I hope they do test you,just so they can rule that out.
    Im sure everything will turn out good for.
    Take care
    Linda
  3. mhammie

mhammie New Member

Linda,

Thanks for answering so quickly. The tests your talking about, are those for the different types of hepititis? If so, been there done that. Results came back fine.

If your not talking about hepititis, please explain to me what hepc is?

Thanks,
    Mhammie
  4. over50

over50 New Member

and great you dont have it!
    I dont know why your enzymes are so high for so long.
    I know drugs can cause an imbalance.
    I wonder what the gasto wants to do to you.
    Hopefully,someone else will have an answer.
    If you decide to go,let us know whats happening.
    Praying for you
    Linda
  5. vbjess

vbjess New Member

When I started getting sick, about 2 years ago, my liver enzymes were all elevated, but not out of "normal" ranges. Same with thyroid, RBC's, and although my WBC count was so lot it was barely within normal, it is now officially "high." I have never gotten any explanation, or suggestion thereof, to explain the numbers.

I was put on Synthroid 4 weeks ago, even though all of my thyroid numbers came back OK. I can now get up and out of my house by 9am... it is as if a miracle has occurred! And although it worries me that I might end up with Graves', monkeying around with my thyroid, for the moment, it's worth the risk.

Hope you find an answer,
    Jess
  6. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

High live enzymes usually mean you have had or have some form of disease which attacks the liver or you had one which did or took some kind of substance which did. Gallbladder disease can effect it, as well as drugs, medications, alcohol, etc.

They should diagnose what the problem is and treat you, if possible. Have you been tested for Hepatitis C and B? Perhaps you had hepatitus from seafood at some time, or you had a reaction to medication, or something, such as a conegenital malformation within the liver could be causing it.

At any rate, it should be diagnoses.
  7. mhammie

mhammie New Member