Anyone with "hollow" feeling limbs?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by Erotika2, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Erotika2

Erotika2 New Member

This has been something I've been dealing with for the entire time I have had CFS.

I suffer from a 'hollow' feeling in my arms and legs......

Its not a numb feeling, it is more described as a hollow feeling.....or that the inside of them does not exist. (I can feel my skin and have all my sensations when the prick test is preformed) I have heard from my Dr. that it is a viral thing that some people suffer from but it is not that common. I am finding it so hard to deal with ...mentally now. The feeling makes me feel sick to my stomach because it is really intense at times.

The past 6 months the feeling has moved into my upper chest at times and now into my face/jaw. The feeling moves around, its either in both arms or both legs or all 4 limbs at the same time..... It can be more in my hands and wrists or sometimes in my knees and ankles...its so strange.

Because it is such a horrible sensation, I find its turning me insane at times........ Nothing seems to help it (or at least I haven't found the right combo anyways)

I need to know if anyone else suffers from this and how they cope....... please help! :(
    I'm losing it.
    e
  2. Erotika2

Erotika2 New Member

Yes, that is also a good one....its such a hard feeling to try and describe to someone (and the dr's keep asking me for new ones!)

I have also heard of Restless Legs...but for some reason I dont feel that its the same thing, seeing I have been getting it in my arms and chest as much as my legs.
    Plus there is no 'pain' with it....just this totally gross feeling that doesn't go away for hours or days at a time. I really am going crazy with it......

Thank you so much for your post and kind words :)
    e
  3. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

I hate it! I have fibro and CMP, and the hollow legs/arms thing feels very creepy and unnerving!
    Hugs...
    Mini
  4. mindbender

mindbender New Member

Have you read Hayleycole's Postexertiona Malaisse, topic? I haven't yet, but I have a sneaky feeling it might have somethig to do w/ that. I only say this because I get that feeling also, but not for as long a period of time. It is probably just the begining of many strange occurences.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/10/2006]
  5. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I have the other problem . My limbs all feel very heavey.
    This is hard to deal with sometimes to. feels like I'm caring thick blood in my limbs. very weird feeling
  6. Britt2

Britt2 New Member

Thanks for the info, I'll check that page out...sounds like that what it might be....nice to know there are others out there, I was going nuts with it on my own!
    Cheers
  7. Michelle_NZ

Michelle_NZ New Member

I have had this, but I've described as feeling like I have no blood in my arms. I think it might be the same thing. They are also extremely weak, and my ability to type and use the PC has been affected alot.

I've also had times when my limbs feel very heavy - like burning concrete.

Take care
    Michelle