Anyone with IC have problems with Oregano?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LISALOO, Feb 28, 2009.

LISALOO New Member

I went into a relapse of IC last August and an flares I can usually relate to something new. HAs anyone with INterstitial Cystitis had an issue with oregano pills. The dr placed be on thorne tablets but I think I've had issues with oregano oil pills before.

2. SnooZQ

SnooZQ New Member

I have used these in past -- they are a potent natural antibiotic. Can easily irritate the stomach, so it's a slam-dunk that they might be harsh on a sensitive bladder.

Best wishes.

LISALOO New Member

Thanks, I did think this might be an issue. I stopped, restarted, pain again. So maybe i should try to stop for longer.

I see Dr Farr and he really wants me on this.

Anyone else with Oil of Oregano and IC experience?
  4. munch1958

munch1958 Member

I got a LEAP (Lifestyle Education and Performance) test at the Detroit FFC. This was one of the better treatments that I got there. I believe it would help you to narrow down the foods that are triggering your IC symptoms. It's a food allergen blood test where they are able to pinpoint delayed reactions to food. I got a small card to carry in my purse and a booklet with safe foods based on a traffic light system. Red = NO, Yellow = maybe? and green = safe.

Possibly you can find someone near you that offers the test. If not a elimination and rotation diet is another alternative. This is one of the BEST explanations on how to do an elimination diet that I've ever found:

5. jenn_c

jenn_c New Member

I think I am allergic to oregano. Ever since I can remember, if I eat marinara sauce or anything else I end up in the bathroom for days. It's awful. People think I am crazy when we order out pizza I have to ask how much oregano they use in it,