Anyone with info/ expieience with oxycontin or florinef

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mariac2000, Apr 30, 2003.

1. mariac2000

mariac2000 New Member

Hi,
    I started taking both yesterday. This morning I took the oxycontin (10 mg every 12 hrs) 2 hours later I am in terrible pain. Does it take a few days to start working, and can I take other pain meds on top of it? I have a call in to my doc, but he is notoroiusly slow calling back.
    Also, just looking for general info regarding personal expirences with florinef. I can find little info on the web.
    Thanks,
    Maria
    PS. What is NMH?
  2. Dorothy45

Dorothy45 New Member

I have been able to manage so far, but this has been a bad week for me. I have a doctor's appt. tomorrow, and I'd like suggetions for pain. I know I don't suffer like alot of you, but I need something so I can work my fulltime job. I have migraine type headache, numbness in my face and leg, shoulder tightness and pain in the neck. TMJ is bothering me too. The pain woke me up last night. Any suggestions would be appreciated. So far the doctor has only give me 800 mg of ibuprofen. I have taken 2400 mg so far this morning, with hardly any relief. I even too a sinus pill. The IBS is starting up too.