Anyone with info on epsom salts and whirlpool bathtubs

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mariac2000, Nov 14, 2002.

1. mariac2000

mariac2000 New Member

I have recently started soaking in Epsom or mineral salts every night in my whirlpool tub, and then I turn on the jets. I wonder if this can hurt the whirlpool system. I also now have a puslating massage pillow with two settings that I use at night and fing a great help at relaxing my muscles.

Maria
  2. mariac2000

mariac2000 New Member

I have recently started soaking in Epsom or mineral salts every night in my whirlpool tub, and then I turn on the jets. I wonder if this can hurt the whirlpool system. I also now have a puslating massage pillow with two settings that I use at night and fing a great help at relaxing my muscles.

Maria
  3. Rozmund

Rozmund New Member

I have used Epsom salt in my whirlpool for years - along with pure salt - and baking soda when I run out.
    No harm - but periodically I do run my system with clean hot water to rinse it out and it is amazing what bubbles out of it - mostly soap scum from when you do not even use the whirlpool motor - but the soapy water does get into the jets. I know it seems like a waste of hotwater - but better than having to call in an electrician. Right?
    Cheers