Anyone with jolts numbness/pain??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by benalliesmom, Apr 16, 2006.

1. benalliesmom

benalliesmom New Member

I've been diagnosed with fibro for about 3 years now. And some new symptoms are appearing. The top of my thumb has been numb/prickly for 2 months now. The doc says it isn't numb but hurting, and I have to go to physical therapy again. Does anyone else have this problem? And also, does anyone have little "jolts" go through their body? It's kinda like I touched a hotwire fence or something. Not real painful, but weird. Also, everywhere I look, the info says this is not a "progressive" desease, but I am getting worse??
  2. jakeg

jakeg New Member

Yes this happens to when I over do things. After the jolts comes involuntary muscle movement and pain.
    See my response to bunnyfluffs post about short circuiting.

Jake
  3. tejanya

tejanya New Member

it is the veins, tendons and such that are showing the after effects of over doing, stess, trama. sometimes the jolts and tingles could be from an antidepressant. i get those when i have over exerted or not. welcome to the fibro fun world. think of what you are doing or had done when these things happen and write them down. it might not help the doc, but it sure will help you understand some.
    see ya in the tingle-numb line.
  4. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

I remember when I first started getting these sensations. I was very worried. Now I've come to realize it is part of the Fibro party. Maybe we are all at the Hotel Fibro? You know, we can check out anytime we like......but we can never leave. Sorry, I have songs running through my hyper head today.
  5. caperkat

caperkat New Member

I get those "electric" jolts sometimes. They may either occur with a muscle jerk (myoclonic), or in reaction to a sudden noise.

kat
  6. kdeenak

kdeenak New Member

I had an episode of numbness/tingling/pain (sort of a prickling needle pain) down my arm and into my hand and fingers.

My husband is a PT and examined me and said he thought I had thoracic outlet syndrome.

It was pretty painful. I kept smacking and squeezing my hand. My husband massaged a place on my pectoralis minor muscle and that released it and the pain and other symptoms stopped and it really hasn't bothered me much since. That happened Wed. or Thurs.

Hugs,

Deena
  7. benalliesmom

benalliesmom New Member

it's really good to know I'm not imagining things!! This DD is sooo complicated and scary. It's good to know I am not alone, because it is also very lonely.
    Thank you!!
    Peace & Love to you,
    Vicki

[ advertisement ]