Anyone with low immunoglobins? Anything Natural to Bring Up Immune System?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TaniaF, Nov 2, 2011.

1. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

I have had low IgG and other immunoglobins for at least 25 years but not really sick with bacterial infections. I just have the symptoms of CFS and trying to live with them. One doctor mentioned IV gamma globulin therapy but that scares me because of the possibility of getting hepatitis C.

Anybody taking this IV therapy or are there natural ways to bring up the immune system? Can't find a good doctor in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida and going to see Dr. Klimas is about $900 for the first visit. They will not take insurance. My allergy/immunologist does the blood tests but nobody has any solutions to treat the aches/pain and other immune modulated issues - just feeling fluish without being sick.

Any ideas will be truly helpful.

2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I don't know if tihs will help, but there are IgG supplements out there you can buy from vitamin companies which are not too pricey. I'm taking one right now, I think it's helping me a little, but don't know for sure.

Also I believe colostrum and lactoferrin products are supposed to help too.

I've never had my levels tested, all I know is my immune system is weak, it takes forever for me to get over bugs.

Good luck -

3. ruti

ruti Member

look at a long thread from november 3 (busybusymom).
    The igiv is being tested for viruses and hipitatis C is one of the checks. Also they treat the material with a few procedures to kill viruses and other bugs.
    You need to consider the utility against risk. If you are doing OK with infections - you might want to wait. I am also don't have terrible infections and my IGG levels are low. I decided to get the iv's - after consulting 3 expert doctors.
    What are your blood levels for IGG?
    There is a small risk of getting a less known patogen / virus - but overall it is a safe prduct from the point of view of viruses. They also screen the people who donate blood.
    Some people got a stroke soon after an iv. I think it is important to be tested for genetics predesposition for blood clots before starting.
    It is important to drink a lot before, suring and after the iv.

The under the skin self injections are safer from this point since there are given more often (such as once a week) in smalled doses vs. once a month large dose (the doses and frequancy is determained by the blood tests.

You also need to know your IGA levels. if there are very low you need a product with low iga in it.