ANYONE WITH LUPIS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Vickie79, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Vickie79

Vickie79 New Member

I was dx wiht fibro and now the dr. is asking me about lupis Is anyone here have it if so let me know
  2. Lurlasgirl

Lurlasgirl New Member

then, several years later, with fibromyalgia as well.

Many of the symptoms of FM are so similar to lupus, that it's hard to know sometimes which one is which. And like FM - lupus is HARD sometimes to diagnose.

You may have only FM - but if you have a lot of lupus-like symptoms, your doctor would be doing you a disservice not to follow up on it.

After many years of living with my lupus/FM diagnosis - which, aside from staying out of the sun, to prevent the rash was being treated exactly as the FM was being treated - my most recent rheumatologist assured me I DON'T have lupus.

Of course, except for the general improvement in my overall physical condition, I still have all the symptoms (butterfly mask (though mild)on face, photosensitivity, swollen glands, recurring ulcerlike sores in mouth, etc) that resulted in the original diagnosis.

Sometimes it's hard to know what to make of it all.
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

I was diagnosed with systemic lupus quite a while before being diagnosed with fibro.

They have a lot of the same symptoms; however, lupus is far more serious as it CAN involve organ damage to your heart, kidneys, brain, etc.

The docs actually believe that I have had fibro/cfs and lupus since I was 10 years old and I am now 54.