Anyone with Lyme and ear noises/allergies/sinus

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by grace54, Apr 21, 2007.

1. grace54

grace54 New Member

The tinnitus I read can be a Lyme symptom. That buzzing drives me nuts in left ear mainly sometimes both. My allergies and sinus pressure seem to make it worse.

I wondered if anyone else has this with Lyme and does it get better with Lyme treatment. We went from winter last week to summer like weather but very dry. I get allergy shots and I hope they start working soon. Thanks all
  2. munch1958

munch1958 Member

I think some of it is due to food and inhalent allergies.
    When I eat certain foods I do get more ringing and noises in my ears. According to Dr. C most people with Lyme have allergies. I think it's a big part of CF/FM.

Have you ever tried an elimination diet? One of the best websites I've ever seen on this topic is:

http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/eliminationdiets.html

3. grace54

grace54 New Member

I havn't noticed any food allergies, I was tested for the popular ones and all that showed was a cod fish and one other odd one?. But all of the inhalant ones were problematic. Of course I could still have a problem with food that I don't know of.

I can't imagine giving up anything else, seems I have given up everything one could imagine:)). Think I'll go to e-bay and see if they have a big bubble I could buy to live in for a while- Ha. Thanks
  4. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Ever since I got off the plane from FLA last week my ears have been ringing loudly. It's been driving me nuts and has even effected my hearing.

I had chocolate before the flight, which I hadn't had in a while due to candida and I thought it may have been that combined with the change in air pressure.

I know it's a lyme symptom and also have heard it's a candida symptom as well. So many overlap how can we figure out where it's coming from!

Can someone turn it off please!!!
  5. grace54

grace54 New Member

Wish we could shut it off, I have had it for about 5 years.
    My Lyme friend up where I live had it for 20 years until she treated her lyme and now its gone.

That was one of the symptoms that got me thinking about Candida. I treated it for a while but nothing seemed to change and tests from the FFC said I didn't have a problem with it so I started looking at Lyme which has similar symptoms. I hope yours is just a temporary thing. take care:)