Anyone with ME/CFS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by stschn, Apr 29, 2009.

1. stschn

stschn New Member

For some reason I can talk on the phone some days up to an hour with no problems. If someone comes to visit me it does me in in no time at all. The one on one face to face thing is just to much. I often end up flat for days. I don't understand it and wonder if anyone else is this way. Thanks Joyce
  2. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

i am that way too. my mom doesnt understand why i can sit at the computer for hours but cannot go outside.

there is more energy spent when you are face to face with someone, but i am not exactly sure why.....maybe just the stress of being with someone and "acting"....making facial expressions....dressing up.....???? the stress of knowing you cannot just up and leave whenever you want to?

it is just far more relaxing alone....
  3. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

Although, I do find being on the phone very draining at times. But I definitely last much longer on the phone than in person.
  4. Cinderbug

Cinderbug New Member

I have that same problem. It is so much easier for me to instant message or email someone than speak on the phone or in person.

Yes, visiting in person can put me flat for hours. It takes so much thinking and talking, both of which are exhausting to me.

You are not alone with this problem.

5. romalaw

romalaw Member

Strange phenomenon, isn't it? My experience is the same, I can talk on the phone fairly well, but that face to face contact often wipes me out. Is it the greater need to be attuned, overload from having to engage so many of the senses, the energy from the other person? I don't know. Guess there's some comfort in knowing I'm not alone,
  6. SolSerenade

SolSerenade New Member

interaction with people either way (i have telephobia already) is *inordinately* exhausting! (to me) Many people, a few sentences is about all i can process/handle -- before getting very uncomfortable and wanting to get away.

sorry you're having this problem - hope it improves.
  7. stschn

stschn New Member

I had a friend call a couple of days ago and wanted to see me. I tried to explain but she said you just don't want to see me and started to cry. In truth at this point no I don't want to see her in that she just doesn't seem to understand.
  8. isiselixir

isiselixir New Member

at home you can relax and practically rest while talking on the phone or chatting or emailing, but in person you feel pressured to send out positive energy vibes. i always feel challenged by my own self-pressure that i need to look and appear normal. i'm trying to overcome this though. i just feel like such a zombie!!!