anyone with natural help for depression????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sixtyslady, Sep 13, 2006.

1. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

Hi ,
    I can"t take anti-depressant, I "ve tried thru the years they make me worse.
    so if anyone knows of something natural,or a vitamin that may help please let me know.
    It just started with a bang, I can"t think about winter without feeling this awlful sense of fear.
    PLEASE, if anyone has any suggest let me know.
    Sixtyslady
  2. Thistledown

Thistledown New Member

Pineapple juice is a natural source for serotonin-like compounds. Serotonin is the chemical that gets depleted in many folk who are depressed.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/14/2006]
  3. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Sixtyslady:
    There is a natural help for depression and tension that is called "Dr. Bach's Rescue Remedy". Dr. Bach was British and put together all sorts of remedies, for many years. It is flower essence formula and is sold at health food stores. All you do is put a few drops in some water, or under your tongue.

I've been using it since 1993, with great success. It is not habit forming, nor does it make one sleepy. It has no side effects, that I know of. It simply makes things seem not so important, and the spirit is lifted. My Dr. at the time, prescribed it for me, It costs either $10,00 a bottle, or 15.00, for the larger bottle. It also now comes in a spray, that you spray right on to, or under, the tongue. The bottles last for a really long time.

I use this, as I can't take antidepressants, either. I hope this information helps you. Oh, yes, it can also be used to calm pets, like dogs and cats.

Peace,
    Terry

4. Daisys

Daisys Member

I know that Sam-E levels out my mood. Within 2-3 days of either stopping it, or starting it, I can tell the difference in my outlook. Sometimes I can get by with taking less, but especially in the winter I have to take a certain amount or I just get too crabby and low.
  5. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

I"m going to try some of these.

It just hit me so fast this time it has really scared me.
    when it starts to get dark at night I feel panic,and like i have cabin fever.
    I think it was because I was so sick last winter.
    thank you so much,pray that one of these will work for me.
    hugs sixtyslady
  6. cct

cct Member

Just last night I went to a lecture that was given by Jacob Teitelbaum, M.D. (author of the book from Fatigued to Fantastic). Dr. Teitlebaum contracted CFIDS in 1975.

He suggests using the omega oils and/or fish oil for depression.
  7. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

Light therapy will probably work wonders for you. My light lamp has been a Godsend. I have a 10,000 lux full spectrum one. Its as strong as a lightbox, but in a portable and more discreet looking desklamp w/ a flexible neck, so I can get the light the angle I want it.

Jeanne
  8. Angie812

Angie812 New Member

where did you get your light lamp??
    I was reading about a supplement called Welatonin. I'm trying to find out more about it. Anyone heard of it or tried it?