Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bobbycat, Apr 27, 2009.

1. bobbycat

bobbycat New Member

Any of you have organic brain sydrome from FMS and if so what are your symptoms and how bad are you and is there anyway you have improved.
  2. spacee

spacee Member

I saw a psychologist to try to get tested to see where I stand with this but he didn't have test. Has tests for ADD and Alzheimers but not this. (Rural area). I just said I had cognitive problems. He referred me to a neurologist who clearly did not want me for a patient.

Mine has stayed about the same over the last 23 years. There were a few years after the older two kids left that I could read a book but that is long gone now. I can pay bills since we get paid old school way (weekly).

Low dose ritalin helps a bit. I take 1/2 tab of 5mg and 1/2 tab of tramadol together. (Dr. Cheney, cfs doc, figured out long time ago that small amounts of several things work better than a larger dose of one thing.

I think this is very isolating.....

3. bobbycat

bobbycat New Member

I had the physnerou test. I was diagnoised with Organic Brain Sydrome. I was also in a car accident so I dont' know if that added to it. It is scary.