anyone with partial denture experience/or know how?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by tandy, Jan 21, 2009.

1. tandy

tandy New Member

hi guys~ and gals :)
    well,... the dreaded day has come,.... aging stinks huh?
    gotta go next week for my partial denture (upper) consult.
    I feel like i'm already mourning my teeth that are soon to be gone~

Has anyone had "good ' luck with they're partial??
    I've been reading other message boards of denture wearers and so many people are'nt happy with the fit,or comfort.
    Its kinda scaring me off. but I know I have to get my teeth fixed asap! other options like 3 root canals with crowns, or implants are just way out of my financial means.

I'm just looking for a glimmer of hope that there is life after a partial ;)
    Thanks for helping.(well,..if you do) lol
    hugs
    Tandy
  2. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

Hi Tandy,

I had to make this decision about 6 months ago because I couldn't afford another root canal so I got a partial for 2 teeth but they are both on opposite sides. To be honest I first felt embarrassed about it and felt I shouldn't have needed this at 39 years old but I wish I had done it a long time ago because it was worth it.

The first two days were awkward feeling but now I don't even notice the difference. I do clean it daily but it's easy to do. You really can't see it unless you know I have it. I have a small plastic strip that connects the two that runs across the roof of my mouth. The only thing I wish they could have changed would be to have avoided the strip because I had to adjust to taste differently. Thats the only thing negative I think but I guess everyone is different. I have always had trouble with my teeth and eventually I know I will probably have to have full dentures.

Hoping it goes well for you and keep us posted.

Hugs,
    Lendy
  3. tandy

tandy New Member

I'm so glad your adjusting well to yours~
    I hope mines goes well.
    I know what ya mean on the feeling embarrassed about it. But,... its not anyones fault.
    I certainly cared well for my teeth,... I just feel my health issues are contributing greatly to all my teeth issues. enventually I'll need full dentures to,..I'm pretty sure.
    But for now,.. the partial is enough to get use to.(so i hear)

Mine are 2 in front and one a few back. (but noticable when i smile big)
    :)
    I just want then the right size and color. I don't wanna be stuck with big ole horse teeth!!
    I'll have to pay out of pocket cause i don't have insurance.
    well,... none worth anything anyways.
    Thanks for your help Lendy
    Hugs
    Tandy