Anyone with polymyositis or have radiation treatments

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ckball, Jun 22, 2006.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

in the past. I have had radiation treatments that I mentioned in another post. So I thought I would throw it out there for discussion.

I am also looking for someone with polymyositis? Thanks, Carla
  2. ckball

ckball New Member

3. ckball

ckball New Member

4. Cinlou

Cinlou New Member

ckball,

I tried to post to your orginal post, but it did not post.
    I don't have polymyositis, but MSI had radiation treatments for her thyroid.

What happened to her is they accidently gave her triple the dose of radiation. She had to stay in isolation for months.
    It destroyed most of her thyroid.

Now she is having a very hard time regulating her thyroid medication. This happened to her about 20 or so years ago.

Now she also has been Dx with rhuematoid arthritiis.

Good luck with your post, I don't even know what polymytistis is, I will look it up.

Take care,
    Cindy
    [This Message was Edited on 06/24/2006]
  5. jake123

jake123 New Member

I was diagnosed with polymyositis about five years ago by my rheumatologist. Elevated CKP. very weak muscles, had to take 60 mg. Prednisone for about nine months, tapered off over 1 and 1/2 years, no more peaks to CKP but left with weak arms, legs, back muscles.
  6. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

She lived about a 2 1/2 hour ride away from here and in 2001 i rented a home in Maine for vaca. My brother picked her up and we followed each other up north.

We were all very close and spoke just about every day. but what i saw when she arrived was simply horrible. We were up all night trying to make her comfortable. It was like she was trying to crawl of her own skin; so uncomfortable. she suddenly required help getting in and out of the car. At the time she was only 59.

She was also very weak, tired, achy. this seemed to have come on rather suddenly. She was treated w/the meds mentioned in the posts. Unfortunately she was later diagnosed w/uterine cancer and lost her battle in Feb '03.

I had never heard of polymyositis either. i recall her pain, weakness and restlessness due to it. none of us had ever heard of this disease either.

I hope you're faring well today. my thoughts are w/you.