? Anyone with ra and fm

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by caffey, Jul 23, 2008.

1. caffey

caffey New Member

I posted also on the arthritis board. I have both and have been in a flare with both for 1.5 years. I don't understand the connection between the 2. I am having a hard time telling what pain is what. If you have both what meds are you taking for fm. What are your coping techniques? I have so many questions but I just have to take it slowly. One more question. I really don't understand fm. I have been watching and trying to learn from this board but somehow it isn't connecting. I understand about tender and trigger points but when I read about your problems or symptoms I think it isn't me and I get confused. I have tried to do research but I just am not getting it. Can anyone recommend any info.?
    Thanks a million.
    Cath
    [This Message was Edited on 07/23/2008]
  2. willruthie1965

willruthie1965 New Member

I have both.Do you know what you R A number is? I can tell sometimes what is causing what. Like joints on hands from arthritis but hubby has this to and he has fibro only.Ribs hurting I know is from fibro. Ruthie
  3. caffey

caffey New Member

Are you asking ra titre which was neg. or joint count. Joint count was 5 on Tues. which was in my lt. knee, rt. elbow, rt. hand and I forget what else. With the fm. when she touches my clavicle both sides right off the chair. My hands ache, knees etc. I am on a bunch of ra meds and have mega back problems. A lot of the drugs for fm are not covered in Canada unless you are blessed with private ins. Thanks so much for your input.
    Cath
  4. willruthie1965

willruthie1965 New Member

SO doctor diagnosed you with R A without you testing positive for it? Do you have deformed joints yet? DO you have bumps on hands>? Just wondering,Mine was 23 which is positve R A but not bad. I tried mobic,celebrex but nothing helps. The other expensive meds for R A do work well but can't I afford them. Please write back Ruthie