Anyone with Raynauds and FM?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by halogirl, Mar 2, 2003.

1. halogirl

halogirl New Member

While I was at the rhemys office few weeks ago he told me about my cold hands and told me I have Raynauds. He showed me the spasms and the color change in my freezing cold hands. I have actually had that for as long as I can remember. I am curious to know if others out there have this problem?
    halogirl
  2. Debgene56

Debgene56 New Member

I have the cold hands and feet and sometimes purply fishnet look on legs and arms. My sisters feet and hands are always ice cold. I lloked at her feet yesterday, they were purple and blotchy, they look like they should hurt, but they don't. Two of her children have it too!
  3. gsspr222@aol.com

gsspr222@aol.com New Member

Hi Halogirl!

I have fibromyalgia and raynauds. I have raynauds mainly in my hands and feet. They're cold most of the time and also my hands go numb starting at the tip of my fingers. it sometimes takes a long time to warm them up and get the numbing to go away. It happens when they get cold either from winter weather or air conditioning. I don't take any medication for it because I am already on so many meds. do you take medication for it?
  4. tandy

tandy New Member

I have both...FM and raynauds.Looks to be a common thing around here! the desription of fish-net typr blueish color is perfect!! I get that alot when I'm real cold. Also my hands and feet are always cold! I warm up a rice bag for my feet to take to bed with me.If my feet are to cold...I can't fall asleep!!
    keep warm<
    Tracey
  5. halogirl

halogirl New Member

I feel like I take so many meds as it is!!!! I think one of my meds Inderal is a no no for Raynauds. I'm sure the doc is going to have me change that one. My spells with the Raynauds happen when I am cold, or put my hands in something cold or if I am nervous which is most of the time.
    halogirl
  6. JLH

JLH New Member

I have Raynauds, too, but my rheumy told me it has more to do with my Lupus rather than the fibro. My arms, hands, and legs turn deep purple splotchy colors sometimes, then other times, they are bright pink and red and splotchy. All he told me to do was keep them covered when I go outside and stay out of the sun in the summer.