Anyone with RSD & have gallbladder surgery?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bozey, Oct 18, 2005.

1. bozey

bozey New Member

I had a liver ultrasound on the 12th and my results are fatty liver and 2 gallstones. Now I have to see a surgeon about taking out my gallbladder. I was going to post yesterday but I see musicteacher posted about surgery. I read that.

But my problem is, I have RSD and am scared to death to have this surgery. For those of you who do not know what RSD is, an example is, when I had carpal tunnel surgery, it took 10 months to heal and was painful for a long long time. I am not looking forward to it happening with this surgery. I'm not saying it will, cause there is a possibility it will be normal. But, the possibility of it not being normal is what makes me wince.

And for those of you who have had the surgery, did you have to change the type of stuff you eat? Will I have to give up my Pepsi? snack cakes? lunchmeats? hamburgers? chicken noodle soup? hotdogs? french fries? This is pretty much my diet. There is not alot that I like. No stews or gravies or dressings. I do like roasts and chicken too.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

bozey
  2. ansel

ansel New Member

I had gall bladder surgery in 1996. Turned out there was nothing wrong with my gall bladder at all, even though the tests showed I had stones. The doc was mystified and I was very mad. I think now it was just the fibro, settling into that part of my body and mimicing gall bladder pain.

The surgery was easy for me. They made three little holes and I healed up fine, was back to work in three days. I have never had problems with any foods that I know of from the surgery even though I have IBS so maybe it's hard to tell, but I haven't given up any foods I like.

Maybe a second opinion would be a good idea. You never know what these doctors are doing. Also there is some kind of laser thing they can do that will disolve the stones without cutting into you. Anyway look at all your options first.
    Hugs
  3. Txslady

Txslady New Member

I had my gallbladder out in January 2005. I can eat and drink pretty much everything. However the fried things have given me some problems with the bowels. I have not been able to fied meat without a problem yet, I can eat donuts, fries, etc. I also have developed IBS and gastritis, but I don't think these are related to the gallbladder, I think they are going to be another problem that is curently being diagnosed.

Shannon
  4. bozey

bozey New Member

You have put me a little at ease. I've decided to go ahead and have the surgery. It will be on Monday. I'm getting tired of the belching and nausia and rib pain. Hopefully all this will go away. Maybe I'll get lucky and lose some other pain too!

Thanks,

bozey
  5. lee1968

lee1968 New Member

Hi, good luck Monday with your surgery. I have had RSD for 5 years in my hand and arm I know how fearfull you are with it spreading to a new injury site.. I had to decide on surgery to have a spinal cord stimulator implant and was so worried about spreading. I had the surgery and thankfully the RSD did not spread.

Take care and I hope you have a speedy recovery.