anyone with scalpula issues

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fwm, May 28, 2010.

1. fwm

fwm New Member

Just wanted to know if anyone has issues with their scalp. I have been having these weird headaches which seem to be just under my scalp. If I put my sunglasses or reading glasses on top of my head....well, I just can't stand it anymore. Is that a part of FM?
  2. SnooZQ

SnooZQ New Member

Hi FWM,

Is it muscle tenderness in the scalp, or headache (like deeper, inside your skull)?

FWIW, I had terrible scalp tenderness when my thyroid hormone levels were low. Wearing my glasses was a huge pain, because the temples would touch extremely sore & sensitive areas of the scalp around my ears. Shampooing, styling & haircuts were all NOT FUN because of the pain.

With thyroid hormone replacement, the scalp tenderness has gone ... and my overall pain level improved as well.

Best wishes.
  3. fwm

fwm New Member

Thanks, SnooZQ - never thought about thyroid problems........and yeah, it is tenderness - everything that touches my head bothers me - glasses, brushing my hair - you name it - feels weird - next dr trip I will discuss that with him. Thanks
  4. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

My neuro calls it allodynia and I get that scalp ache and tingling a lot. He says I have migraine syndrome which has lots of symptoms other than just head pain. Personally I think I get Fibro headaches because they are muscular coming up from the shoulders, neck and into my scalp. Can hardly brush my hair!