Anyone With Spinal Problems Ever Have This???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BlueSky555, Jul 6, 2006.

1. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I have had 2 anti-cervical fusions and now lumbar spinal problems; buldging discs. Lately, when I stand up, after a while, I feel numbness and tingling in center of back just below shoulder blades. It feel so weird, but no pain. Has anyone else ever experienced this?

Thank you,

BlueSky555
  2. darvick

darvick New Member

I have degenerative disk disease, FM , CF, buldging disks. I get extream pain when i stand for any length of time. Sometimes my back is so sensitive, other times numb , so i can relate. Having your toes go numb is wierd also having your butt numb is the wierdest. Nerves might being compressed. Talk to Dr.
    Hugs
    DAR
  3. optimistic1

optimistic1 New Member

Unfortunately I have had many back surgeries and numerous back problems besides.
    I am guessing you are feeling some degeneration. I have this feeling also but in my low back. Doesn't hurt, just feels very strange.

I wish you much good luck its not fun.

Arlene

4. lighthouselady

lighthouselady New Member

I told a doctor once that I had a numb place where you were describing and he said "how do you know it's numb if you can't feel it?" Is that reply stupid or am I just touchy? I couldn't believe he said that. Oh well.

judy
  5. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

darvick, I've never had numb toes, thank goodness, but have had the numb butt, lol. OK, not funny but it does feel very weird when you can't feel your back-seat.

kerrilyn, you are right about feeling different parts feeling different every day; you never know what you're going to experience each day.

optimistic1, wow, many surgeries? you must have had many back problems, and now having lower back pain? I have lower back pain, some buldging discs, but do not want surgery unless I just MUST have it after having the 2 that I've had. Good luck with the lower back and take care of it.

lighthouselady, I can't believe the response from your Dr. I think that was a "stupid" remark on his part and very unprofessional. Are you still seeing this Dr.? I hope not but if you are, you should ask him/her if ever had any part of their body numb. Of course we can feel where our body is numb; it's surely not you.

As for the tingling/numbness, I went to my Dr. this morning and talked with the other Dr. in the office. She said due to the problem area, the suprascapula neuropathy, the nerves are most likely "moving" causing the tingling/numbness. Also, if it moves down my arm or I begin dropping things to let them know because that would mean, of course, getting worse and need more testing.

Just wanted to thank you all and be careful and watch for this; don't just let it go; tell your Dr., which someone already suggested.

Have a good weekend all,

BlueSky555