Anyone with this type of hearing porblem?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by liwizard, Jul 22, 2006.

1. liwizard

liwizard New Member

Can anyone can help me with this? when i am talking with another person their words make no sense. they sound like giberish. i havd had this happen before but this year it seems to be happening more or i am just being annoyed more by it. I want to know if I should see a hearing doctor or another type. for eveybodys help

THANKS
  2. barbinindiana

barbinindiana New Member

We had a thread going on this topic a couple or 3 days ago, but I can't find it. I've had this problem alot. I love listen to informative radio programs, but alot of times it's really hard for me to get what is being said. Oh, I hear them fine, but it's like you said. It comes out sounding like gibberish. I resently when to see a movie with a friend, and I got lost in the story because of this. After the show I asked my friend if she had any trouble making out what was said, and she said she didn't. That really made me feel stupid.

I started have this problem when I got very sick with mono and was later diagnosed with CFS. It's not as bad as it was in the beginning, but still a problem for me. From what I've learned this is something that's common with this DD.
    Barb
  3. middy

middy New Member

I have this problem .
    I hear gibberish and it takes me a minute to get what someone is saying -like a delay and then the words straighten themselves out . Usually I say what did you say to someone and by then it comes to me what they said.
    i haven't talked to anyone about it because I thought maybe it was because of the pain and my preocupation with it so it takes a sec to get my mind off it and on what someone is saying to me and so if i am talking to someone I really have to concentrate.
    I could be wrong as it is my own theory.

Middy
  4. liwizard

liwizard New Member

i would like to know if anybody has seen a doctor about this. if so what type of doctor and what did they do for you?

Thanks!
  5. jjdg

jjdg New Member

i use to make fun of my mom years ago,now its me! my husband gets so mad when i say "what did you say" or really mad if i say HUH? my poor grandkids think im crazy cause the things i hear are sssssooooooo different then what they did say,they laugh i can read almsot all their lips axcept for the youngest,i sometimes have to put the words on shows but then they too fast for me sometimes! like being between a rock and a hard place,i have mentioned it to my therapist but not my GP,i never remember
    janet
  6. lillyrose33

lillyrose33 New Member

Yes, I would see a ENT. I was having the same problem and they got worse. I went to an ENT and was diagnosed with Meniere's disease,it effects your hearing, balance. You may not have this but there is something wrong...please have it checked out.

Lillyrose