ANYONE WORK FOR KELLY SERVICES? Health insurance question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by meditationlotus, Jul 22, 2008.

1. meditationlotus

meditationlotus New Member

Does anyone work for the temp agency Kelly Services?

I currently substitute teach on the days I am up to it. My school system is turning over the substitute teaching recruitement to Kelly Services.

I just recently got health insurance through my state's new health program for low income people. I desperately need the insurance because of the medication "midodrine" which is so expensive. I need it for "neurally mediated hypotension." One of the stipulations for this insurance is that my employer not offer health insurance.

Kelly Services claims to offer health insurance. Does anyone know if they offer it to part-time employees (one to three days per week of employment). I SURE HOPE NOT. I have read that their insurance is really expensive, so I would not be able to afford it and would lose my state health plan that I just got this spring.

PANIC. Thanks
  2. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Before you panic, I would call Kelly Services and ask what their policy is.

I worked as the Financial Manager for a Staffing Service for 6 years. We did offer health insurance coverage for our employees. It was offered to everyone after a certain period of time. We couldn't limit it to full time employees, because of the nature of the business. Very often people take temporary assignments and the hours are out of their control (i.e. an assignment ends early)

Not all companies are like that though. Kelly may have certain stipulations or requirements that must be met in order to qualify.

But like I said, I'd recommend giving them a call in the morning - much better to know that to wonder and worry.
  3. meditationlotus

I called them and the lady said that she didn't know for sure, but that she thought that is was available for everyone. This would hurt me.

4. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Would you remain an employee of Kelly Services for the whole year or are they only doing the initial recruiting, and a temp to hire type situation?

Oh I hope it all works out for you!!! That really stinks that you can't continue with your state's program just because your employer "offers" ins. I mean sometimes it is so outrageously expensive!
  5. meditationlotus

I have insurance and don't want to lose it.

If Kelly offers it, I would lose my insurance and would be unable to afford Kelly's insurance. So I would not be able to work for Kelly.

[This Message was Edited on 07/22/2008]
  6. meditationlotus

I found out that you have to work 32 hours per week to be eligible for Health Insurance through Kelly Services.

With CFS and NMH, I only work about 14 hours, so I wouldn't be eligible. And according to the website for the new state sponsored health insurance, I MUST NOT be eligible for health insurance from my employer.

So I guess I would be okay going to work for Kelly as a Substitute Teacher.

My state insurance is only enrolling about 30,000 people this year, and if I were to lose this insurance, it would be hard to get it back I would think.

I seem to panic very easily, and then I can't think clearly. Happens also when I have to drive over about 50 miles per hour or drive across a bridge. Panic attacks are such a pain.

Thanks to everyone!