Anyone young suffering

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tes, Oct 8, 2002.

1. tes

tes New Member

I was just wondering if anyone is young and suffering with this horrible disease. I'm 31 and I've noticed alot of people on this board are a bit older.
  2. tes

tes New Member

I was just wondering if anyone is young and suffering with this horrible disease. I'm 31 and I've noticed alot of people on this board are a bit older.
  3. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

had CFIDS since I was 19 - there are actually a lot of younger people here.
  4. svajainga

svajainga New Member

I am currently 27 and I have Fibromyalgia. Am I young???
    I certainly dont feel that way stuck in this body.Im thinking more like 70 or 80. My grandma is 86 and I am sure that she could kick my a-- anyday. There are quite a few "young ones" on this board,just keep looking.......
  5. KYRock

KYRock New Member

I've only got you beat by 5 years. I've only been diagnoised about 6 years but I believe I had FM before
    then. It really sucks not being able to do the things that you done before and the things you know that someone our age can usually do. I've always been atheletic and loved the outdoors. I was raised on a farm so I've always had
    to work since I can remember. Can't do poo poo now.
    I've got a 5 year old son that loves for me to play with him. 15 minutes of baseball can put me in bed for a week.
    It just breaks my heart. So on my good days I try to do stuff with him. He's getting old enough to keep up with his Dad in the woods now so he goes coon hunting with him some now. I love to hunt too. Of course that's VERY limited.
    So Tes your not alone on being young and trapped in an old
    persons body. Hang in there. Where are you from?
  6. tes

tes New Member

Thanks for responding. It is horrible living like this. I have 2 boys aged 2 and 4. I feel so guilty because I can't do everything with them. My husband helps as much as he can. I'm from Toronto, Canada. I do feel better with colder weather so I'm kinda looking forward to winter. Where are you from?
  7. KYRock

KYRock New Member

Tes,
    I know all to well about the guilt. Like I said I just try to do things with him on my good days. I try to explain to
    him but at that age it's hard for them to understand. You said you do better in cold weather. I usually do just the opposite. But I don't know if winter could be worse than this summer. At least i hope not. I'm from southcentral KY.
    It doesn't get quit as cold down here as it does up there. THANK GOD! lol We have a guy that calls us from Canada
    some. He coon hunts too. We haven't heard from him in a while but I think he has started college. I love to hear you guys talk. I would like to be able to come visit you and go deer hunting up there. Maybe I could get a world record buck like Milo Hanson from Saskatchawan. lol
    It don't hurt to dream does it? lol Good luck and I'll be chatting at you later.
  8. pamelasng

pamelasng New Member

Hi Tes, Just thought I would tell you my girls have FM at 15 and 16 and they were born with it there are many young ones with it, good luck.......cya. Pam.
  9. Billie

Billie New Member

I just turned 35 last month. I have had CFIDS for almost 4 years now, so don't feel alone. This illness strikes every age. It is hard being so young and feeling so old. And I understand how you feel about not being able to be the mom you want to be. I have a 5 1/2 year old son and it is hard. Just wanted you to know you are not alone.......Billie
  10. Cricket_23

Cricket_23 New Member

I am only 21 and was just recently diagnosed. I think some symptoms I have had since I was about 7 or 8 though. It didn't get bad until about 6 months ago to where I actually thought something was wrong. I think it is horrible when people have to deal with such pain, especially when they are so young.

Cricket :)
  11. poodlegirl

poodlegirl New Member

I just turned 30 in July. 30 was a hard birthday. I have been not well for maybe 6 years. I feel old though. Can't enjoy my youth and haven't for sometime. I want to be able to run or ride a bike or have a normal sex drive!!!!!!!