Anyones back freeze up??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lorgirls, May 17, 2003.

1. lorgirls

lorgirls New Member

Lately my back has been freezing up, from middle of my back in an upside triangle accross my shoulders and neck. Feels like Im hunching my shoulders and cant relax them. Its just awfull,pain and stiffness. It takes 2 darvacet and a soma to start to get it to relax . Once lasted 2 days.Some days it doesnt freeze but always feels like it could at any moment. A new symptom of this DD for me.
  2. Tattoopixie

Tattoopixie New Member

Try a hot epsom salt bath or a hot shower. Can also get a heated matress pad to lay on-or a heat pad-or a heated blanket (I lay on top of mine when my back hurts). My best friend told me I look like a quarter back my shoulder hunch up so bad sometimes.
    ***Pixie***
  3. lorgirls

lorgirls New Member

Yes,Ive been called the ole quarter back too. Sometimes I start wondering if I injured myself or if its the DD. But dont remember the injury.LOL
  4. celina

celina New Member

But it's from my mid back to my hips, It hurts and feels so funny to walk, everyone thinks i'm constipated. I have no magic cure
    celina
  5. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

Mine is a muscle spasm, it tightens up like in a knot, right beside my spine about halfway down my back, up a bit from my waist (or where my waist used to be .............) and I take skelaxin, neurontin, pain meds, etc and the only help I have found for this is just to recline in my recliner, just lay perfectly still, it happens to me just about every afternoon, around 1 or 2 it starts and goes non stop till bed time, I sit for a while, 20 mins or so perfectly still and it is gone, I get up to putter some more and it is back.

I am not much help, I am sorry, just wanted to acknowledge the problem.

Jaci
  6. MemoryLane

MemoryLane Member

When I get over-heated, my face gets beet red and all the muscles freeze up. It's really weird and a painful kind of pressure.

Lane
  7. KayL

KayL New Member

Mine's like that every single morning. Often a hot shower will relax it enough to get ready and get to work. Sometimes I can't even move around until I take a Soma and it starts working.

Karen
  8. ZosoLight

ZosoLight New Member

I've had this problem for years even though my X-rays show that my bones are ok. Besides the hot baths and hot pads, which work very well, I get relief from chiropractic, massage threrapy, and acupuncture.

For me, Ibuprofin is the best pain-reliever for this- even better than prescription meds. Unfortunately, it's very hard on the stomach as you may know.

I have learned over time what kinds of activities bring on the spasm and I avoid them. Stress certainly is a major factor.

Best Wishes,

Mrs. Zoso
  9. marta

marta New Member

I had severe muscle spasms in my upper (and lower) back which, as Jelly says, stretching has greatly helped. I follow my gentle stretches with a very hot shower and find I can almost completely eliminate the pain.

If you spend a lot of time at the computer you're more apt to have back spasms. Stretch regularly - move your shoulders up and down and hunch your back hard. Also be aware of your sitting posture and try to keep your spine straight. Those things help me.

Marta