Anyone's eyes get "cloudy" at night?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lvjesus, Jun 1, 2008.

1. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

In the evening, my eyes feel like they have mucous or a film on them. I have to keep blinking it away and the computer or book looks blurry and I can't really read anything when this happens. Sometimes it helps to close one eye. Anyone else?
  2. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

I get this but not necessarily as night. I don't know what it is but it has been a part of my FM for years now.

I also cannot sit outside near dusk, I get that and then I get dizzy.
  3. MsE

MsE New Member

I put it down to cataracts, but after they were removed, it continues. As you say, in the evening. I hadn't thought of it as a cfs thing, but....?
  4. AngelBride

AngelBride New Member

Hi Everyone...
    I too have had those darn "cloudy eyes" for several years. I wasn't dx'd with FM or CFS at the time. It wasn't until I had cataracts removed from both of my eyes in May of this year, that the cloudy eyes FINALLY went away. I still am recooperating from the surgeries, however I am not seeing anything cloudy anymore.
    I highly recommend to all of you to have an eye exam and be sure to be checked for cataracts and glaucoma as well. It sure is wonderful to be able to see once again. My vision was especially bad at night...those awful headlights really hurt my eyes a great deal.
    If any of you wish to chat any further about your eyes or FM or CFS or anything else, just gimme a post and I will get back with you.
    Gentle Hugs,
  5. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

About all evening my eyes get cloudy or blurry and I blink and blink tryig to clear them but really doesnt help. I recently had my eyes checked and Dr. couldnt find any reason for it.I have used some eye drops also but nothing really helps.
  6. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

Yes, blurry is a good word for it but like you have something covering your eye and you blink and it goes away temporarily. And right, eye drops don't help. Thanks!
  7. findmind

findmind New Member

Yes, that is part of my experience the last year or so, also.

it's like there is a big "blob" of sludge over a part of my eye. My eyelids will also fall down over part of my eye, also.

I have dry eyes, use Refresh drops, they help a little bit. My vision is corrected with glasses, no glaucoma, but do have beginning Macular Degeneration.

Also just failed 3 eye tests for Myasthenia Gravis, but the blood test was negative, so it is just affecting my eyes (makes the muscles of the eyelids not work, they fall more as the day wears on).

So many symptoms, so little help!

Best to you,
  8. MsE

MsE New Member

I think someone else might have mentioned this, but last night I remembered another possibility: dry eye. I have to use drops--even more now that I've had the cataract surgery because the dry eye is worse. They help. From the way you describe it as an evening thing, it is quite possible the drops would help as dry eye gets worse as the day progresses, as we use our eyes more.

Another thing I read is that fibro and cfs and dry eye go together. In my case, I put it down to age, but that's not always the situation. Anyway, you could try the drops. Sure wouldn't hurt anything and it might help.
  9. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

Funny you should post this because I do too. I'm always cleaning my glasses, thinking they are dirty.

I wonder if the muscles in our eyes get tired as the day goes on?

All the best,

10. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

You know you might be right about the muscles because I have that vision weirdness too, you know, sometimes you can see fine,sometimes you need glasses b/c rhe vision in one or both eyes is blurry.