Anyone's skin smell like rotting fish?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by painandagony, May 10, 2006.

1. painandagony

painandagony New Member

I think I'm detoxing. All day I have smelled like fish. Some kids noticed it, I noticed it, my husband noticed it, etc. I have been eating all organic for a week on a really healthy detoxing diet, but I've done that before and never had that effect. Anyone have knowledge about this?

Thanks!
  2. kriket

kriket New Member

I have heard of this before. I think the smell that you and everyone else LOL smells are the toxins coming out of your body through your skin. Maybe an epsom salt bath would help to go ahead and draw some of the toxins out and maybe help with the smell they are putting off.

Kriket
  3. painandagony

painandagony New Member

I thought so. I actually ran out of epsom salts so I took a bath tonight with baking soda and sea salt. The bath and bathroom smelled like fish. I also scratched off a lot of dead skin (gross), but i've never done that before either. I'm thinking it must be a good thing, getting that kind of crap out of my body. I will definitely need to go and get some epsom salts.

thanks for your reply!!
  4. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

I don't know about you, but I take fish oil and flax seed oil and it controlled my cholesterol levels fantastically.

I had to go off both, because of medical procedures, as they can effect blood clotting, and my LDL shot up 50 points in one month. MY INTERNIST ORDERED ME BACK ON AND SAID, WELL, APPARENTLY THEY WERE WORKING.

The only thing is, CATS WERE BEGINNING TO FOLLOW ME AROUND WHEN I WENT OUTSIDE.

I bathed, sprayed, dusted, puffed, exfoliated, did everything in the arsenal and I still smelled AWFUL. On a visit to the doctor, I explained that to him and asked if it could mean that I had a bacterial infection, candida, etc. and he laughed and asked how much fish oil I was on. He leaned over and SMELLED ME, WELL, I NEVER.

He laughed and said I had that dreaded condition, fish oil reeking from dermis. He thought he was so cute.

He then explained that I must have been the fiftieth patient to complain or mention it.

The women WERE MORTIFIED, THE GUYS DIDN'T WANT ANYONE TO THINK THAT THEY HAD BEEN WITH A WOMAN WHO SMELLED, AND THEY WERE OKAY WITH GETTING A BADGE WHICH SAID, "LET ME SHOW YOU A PICTURE OF THE FISH I CAUGHT TODAY."

After I slugged him, he could finally stop laughing enough to choke out cut the fish by one capsule and increase the flax by one. It has helped. At least I haven't had any cats following me lately.

There are very similar Omega 3's in flax seed, to fish oil, but some are better absorbed via the flax seed oil, that is why I take both.
  5. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Your letter was funny...esp. the part about the cats following you around! Hope things are better now....Terri
  6. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

I have a strange sense of humor, but it helps.

I have written things for groups and had feedback which brightened my day.

However, sometimes, with FM and a lot of other problems, it is very difficult to have a sense of humor.
  7. sleepyinlalaland

sleepyinlalaland New Member

were you by any chance wearing natural silk fabric? (has a texture somewhat like linen).

A few years ago I purchased a great-looking shirt from Walmart. The day I wore it I kept thinking I smelled TUNA! I realized it wasn't my sometimes unreliable nose, when I got in the car with my daughters and they cried out in revulsion: "you STINK".

I changed the shirt, no more stink. Took it back to Walmart and they confided that I wasn't alone in returning it for same reason. It has something to do with the processing (or un-processing) and now I try to avoid natural silk. Most items don't smell THAT bad, and some not at all. But smelling in the store can be deceiving because, mix the fabric with body heat and.....peeuwww.

Since you just mentioned ONE DAY of smelling "fishy", maybe that's a possibility.
  8. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Sometimes I smell like Peanut Butter Really Im not jokeing
    Anyoneelse with this problem?
  9. painandagony

painandagony New Member

I told my husband if I put this question on the board, I would get some answers. You didn't disappoint.

The cat story is hilarious. I haven't been taking fish oil for weeks... ran out and haven't purchased more....

I will try milk thistle/dandelion root...

I will also try activated charcoal - I like the idea of toxins attaching to it and being eliminated from my body.

The silk shirt smelling like fish is new to me. Thanks for the tip. I wasn't wearing a silk shirt, but now i'll think twice about buying one.

You are all so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!