Anyother DD's where there are so many individual responses to meds.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gapsych, Jan 6, 2009.

1. gapsych

gapsych New Member

As we have all been known to say, each of us reacts differently to treatments and medications.

Is this as prevelent in other illnesses or groups of illnesses? For example neurological or autoimmune illnesses.

Could this be a clue about our DD?

Just pondering.

2. daylight

daylight New Member

Everyone body is different . I'm allergic to all kinds of medications and foods. And I have both autoimmune (RA) and neurological problems (PN)
    I've been telling my husband that I think that some of my reactions are due to the binders used in the medications /or coatings.
    And sometimes I feel like the side effects of medications make this DD even worse.
    Oh I also have FM .
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

I know people dx'd with all kinds of autoimmune diseases, and it seems everyone reacts differently to things wehther its antibiotics or food or additives or mold or (fill in the blank). Certainly also true of my son with chronic or post-lyme or whatever anyone wants to call it.

I also know people who are 'healthy' who also have all kinds of reactions to things even tho they are able to lead a normal life.

Also, just for interest here (I know I've mentioned this before), my DH (a former psychologist) had a pt with MPD and in one of her personalities she had a life threatening shellfish allergy, and different allergies in other personalities. Other than the MPD, she was 'healthy'.

I think each of our bodies is a universe of its own...