Anything besides Lyme cause bulls-eye rash?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Juloo, Jan 30, 2006.

1. Juloo

Juloo Member

Does anyone know? I'm talking about a single bulls-eye rash that developed to about the size of a dinner plate. My husband was tested for Lyme (neg.), and he took a couple of weeks of antibiotics.

That was a year and a half ago. I think that he is showing signs of cognitive problems, and some fatigue as well and want him to be tested w/the Igenex or the other one as Quest tests keep coming back negative.
  2. Juloo

Juloo Member

And your entire first paragraph -- it's like you've been in the room with me as I have told him just that several times.

I got the Igenex test done. Should be getting my results back today (should have been 20 minutes ago, but the doctor is running behind).

My husband will probably not go to the FFC (I have had CF and mild FM for 8 and 3 years respectively -- I started there in December).

Do you know if there's a way to get the testing on your own? Going back to our primary physician will likely not be very helpful. (P.S. Will go see Lymenet.)
    [This Message was Edited on 01/30/2006]
  3. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Firecop,
    I went to the Lymenet.org site but could not find any LLMD's list anywhere on the site. Could you be more specific where that is on the site or how to get to that list? Sorry to be so dumb about this.

I appreciate your help.

Hugs,
    Faye
  4. Juloo

Juloo Member

Well, got my Igenex results back. For the IGMs, I only had one band positive out of 16 -- so that was a negative.

For the IGGs, I had four positive bands out of 15. 5 positive bands would have kicked me into the 'POSITIVE' category. The FFC doc says that even four bands is 'suspicious'.

We are going to work on some other things for the next few weeks, then the possible Lyme. I am allergic to A LOT of antibiotics, so she will probably start me on the natural stuff first and see how all that goes.
  5. victoria

victoria New Member

Even in its own section about Lyme Disease, the CDC says a doctor should treat on the basis of the clinical picture...

that plus the 4 bands even should be enough from what I have read other LLMDs saying...

and I agree about the testing showing up negative initially, it does take a few weeks - and a lot of false negatives show up as well.

I hope your DH will reconsider getting at least another Igenex test or Bowen...

all the best,
    Victoria
  6. Juloo

Juloo Member

I got the info above by phone conference -- the results are 'in the mail'. I'll come back and post again as soon as I have them -- THANKS SO MUCH for all the replies and help. Keep on standby!