ANYTHING for ENERGY??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by donnadb, Feb 17, 2003.

1. donnadb

donnadb New Member

I am in DESPERATE need of energy!! Can anyone suggest a supplement that actually WORKS to increase energy?? I can barely make it through my day (I work with qutistic preschoolers and am also a mom!).. HELP!

Hugs,
    Donna
  2. layinglow

layinglow New Member

CoEnzyme Q10, B12, and Ginseng (I cannot take the ginseng because of high blood pressure)

There is another product I have taken called ADR Formula (type it in a search engine to find) It gave me, unbelievable amounts of energy, but unfortunately raised my blood pressure. If you are not hypertensive, you might look into this.

Best wishes,LL
  3. Kay2

Kay2 New Member

for the info, and welcome. Please go back and erase you url.We are NOT allowed to post sights here!!!
  4. sun1

sun1 New Member

Enada(NADH)
    COQ-10
    Sam-e

and :)
    Mountain Dew
    Chocolate..
    ok, maybe not the last two -just because the sugar and weight thing, but otherwise you would be bouncing off walls ;)
  5. debbiem31

debbiem31 New Member

Hi. I too, am a mommy of a 19 month old. Thank goodness I work at home, I don't think I could handle what you do!!

I take SAMe, but unlike the previous poster, I think it makes me more tired. Besides, that's not what SAMe is for!! I do take a B-complex with the SAMe. You have to take it to prevent the SAMe from breaking down into a substance that promotes heart disease.

I'm getting off track, but I'd have to say the B-complex and excercising is working for me the best. I still have to take a cat nap every day, but I'm better than I was before...
  6. asmom15

asmom15 New Member

Donna,

I know where you are coming from. I have no energy either. I an a mom of two teenage girls who are involved in many activities.

I have found taking a B-complex, extra B-12, CoQ10, reishi mushroom, Kava Kava, Ginkgo Biloba and staying away from caffeine, alcohol and sugar helps. Eating sugar in any form including fructose and honey promotes fatigue, increases pain and disturbs sleep. Eat four or five small meals a day to keep up energy. Drink plenty of fluids. Taking daily walk and gentle stretching is good. Start slow and don't over do it.

Naps can also help.

asmom15
  7. donnadb

donnadb New Member

Okay, thanks for all of your responses.. Just one more question..Do you all take all of these supplements together or do you just try one at a time until you find one that works for you??

Hugs,
    Donna
  8. Trini

Trini New Member

when I tried it a year ago. Makes u exhausted immediately after but in long run I think it really helped my energy.

Trini
  9. sb439

sb439 New Member

I stick to everything that is generally thought to help, which I feel might help, and to which I don't react (and which I can afford ...).

What is important (for me at least) is to introduce them one after the other, in case there is overreaction to them, and then also to get informed about how long it would take before you notice a difference, some stuff is instantaneous, other things take a few days, others months before you can tell. (Q10 I noticed the same day, Phenylalanine within a week, vitamin B-complex 100 within a week, but stuff like ginko biloba you may have to wait for six weeks to see what it does to you.)

Susanne